Thread: Omepreazole/Losec

Omepreazole/Losec

Hi, i know this isn't an anti-anxiety or anti-depressive but i have been prescribed this by my GP and i am too scared to take it. I am so sensitive to any sort of medication since i have been ill, everything i take makes me ill. I just wondered if anyone else had ever had Omeprazole/Losec before and if they can reassure me about this medication. I am supposed to take one 20mg tablet everyday after my breakfast, i was given them on Tuesday and they are still sitting on my table looking at me!! I know what they are for and what they do and that they will probably help me, but i'm scared of taking them because of any side effects that i may have. Everything i have had for the past two years has made me bad and i've had bad side effects to all of them. I do not take any medication at all, nothing, not even a paracetamol. Could someone give me some insight please? x (And i've just realized that i've spelt Omeprazole wrongly on the title, sorry, fingers going to quick for my brain again!!)

Re: Omepreazole/Losec

Excellent drug!

Do a search on here for it - loads of posts that I replied to.

The only side-effect I got was a bit of dizziness on the first day. Apart from that it is so fast acting - well worth taking

Do search for the other posts as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm sure these are what my doc gave me when I had a stomach ulcer. Cleared up the ulcer with no side effects at all.

They are given for stomach ulcers! My mum was given them for acid reflux/chronic indigestion and they worked straightaway, with no side effects whatsoever.

Hi , I took Omeprazole last year for acid reflux and they worked fine adn didn't cause me any side effects. But like you, I sat looking at them on the table for nearly a week before I dared take them!!

Go for it!!

Thread Information