Thread: Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding...convinced I'm going to die!!:(

Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding...convinced I'm going to die!!:(

Hello

I haven't been here for a very long time, but something has happened recently that has sparked my health anxiety off to an insane degree.

It all started in February this year when my period arrived unexpectedly, 10 days early! I was horrified and went to the doctor asap. She did a smear and ordered some blood work. The blood test tested for most things as far as I'm aware.

Anyway the smear came back normal and clear and my blood test showed I was anemic. I got given iron tablets and sent on my way.

Since then, my periods went back to normal, a day or two late but nothing major going on, so I thought it was a one off.

Only this month, I had my period as normal, it was bang on time, but I noticed it was a lot more painful than usual with the cramping. But it came and went as normal. Then about a week later, I started to have cramping and lower back pain, along with discharge...(sorry if TMI) I brushed it off but felt ill and tired, the next day I started to bleed asif my period had started again and I've been going ever since. It's been a full week now.

I've had slight cramping, the bleeding varies between light and heavy...it normally gets worse when I'm exercising.... even a brisk walk to the shop or tidying the house can set it off worse...!!!
    I went to the doctor and he brushed me off saying it's common and prescribed a contraceptive pill. I really don't want to take it as I get migraines and I was advised by the other dr not to take them because of that reason. I also had a friend who nearly died of a blood clot because of the very same pill! So it's a no no with them, I think I'd rather bleed than risk that.

I'm just praying for it to stop! They won't order anymore blood work or a smear since I only had it all done in Feb. What can I do? :(

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding...convinced I'm going to die!!:(

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

It could just be hormonal blips but if you remain concerned then a Transvaginal ultrasound is your best test for checking.

Yes that's fine. No worries.

I'm nearly 30.

I guess I'll have to go back to the doctors and ask for a scan but it's all this unknowing and worrying and waiting :(

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Thread Information