Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Feel Like Starting Again?

Do You Feel Like Starting Again?

First of all, a big thank you to everyone here who has shared their experiences, and made an effort to help others. This forum really is a great resource for support, and I am sure it has helped many people in their recovery from anxiety. It has helped me immensely.

I’ve shared lots of my experiences with people here and I get a buzz from helping people to manage their anxiety issues. I’ve shared a few videos I have made with people, and feedback has been positive. I’ve asked Nicola if its ok to just post a link to my YouTube channel in the links section, as she kindly agreed. (Thank you!)

Starting Life Again - YouTube Channel

The reason? I have been working hard lately trying to make a video each day in December. It’s taken up about 4-5 hours each day, a lot of time!! So I wanted to share it with you!!

I’m on a mission now to “Start Life Again” (what SLA stands for!) and this channel explores what it takes to turn your life around. I am not an expert. This is a journey of discovery, and I am hoping people who are in a similar position will get some enjoyment out of it.

I do not make any money from these videos!! I am just trying to connect with people who are in a similar position, and to tell my story.

Some videos are fun and upbeat, some are very personal and show me really struggling!!

Examples:
    What it is like leaving my two daughters every week. http://bit.ly/2gBvXfc
    Trying to appreciate quiet moments while I am missing them. http://bit.ly/2dU400J
    In this one I have a relapse of anxiety and I try and reconnect with my Ex. http://bit.ly/2h5w0n3
    In this one I read a piece of philosophy that changed my life, and helped lift me out of depression. http://bit.ly/2hcaDgl
    And just recently I started a daily vlog. http://bit.ly/2gaP8Pa

----

As some will be aware I came back to NMP after I went through a huge life change in June this year. After 7 years together, 3 year of marriage, and having 2 kids my wife dropped a bombshell that she wanted to separate. It was completely unexpected, and there was no warning signs. Just…. the end.

I’ve have struggled with anxiety and depression throughout my life, I thought this would bury me. It has been an INCREDIBLY hard 6 months, but I am just about holding it together. Returning to NMP has been valuable in me recognising and managing my issues.

So if you ever feel like you are “Starting Again” too drop me a message. I’d love to hear from you. We can go on this journey together.

Re: Do You Feel Like Starting Again?

SLA, challenges are sent to us I life. We deal with them, fight our corner and find extra strength to carry on. Hope keeps us going and we hope for a better future.

You, my friend, are doing really well. Don't bash yourself up when you are having a bad day. Be kind to yourself. You are alive for a reason. To live! x

Ive watched some of your videos. I think you are doing brilliantly.
    I want to give you a big hug!!
    You are a fantastic dad, it shines through show much you love your daughters on camera.
    I hope you find making the videos therapeutic? They will certainly help others, and I hope you can look back on them in a years time and see how far you have come.
    I think what you are doing is a great idea.

It was nice hearing about you connecting with a new friend too. Could you invite her along to something next time you catch up wth her maybe?

Keep fighting, SLA!

Thanks Carrie, that is so kind, and has put a giant smile on my face.

Yes, meeting and talking to Ally was a nice moment, and we talked a good amount. I did ask if she wanted to go for a drink sometime, but she mentioned she'd only just started seeing someone. I didnt want to mention it on the video, because she said she would check them out!!

The videos are therapeutic in a way. Although trying to do one every day is quite a bit of work.

Thank you too Carnation. You have really given me some excellent advice that has stuck with me.

SLA Excellent work just reading through what you have been through means a lot and you have survived through the storm thank you

Hi SLA

Just to say I've looked at some of your videos and you come across really well. I'm sure lots of people will benefit from your insights.

Good luck.

Hey SLA
    Just been catching up on your latest videos. glad you decided to continue making them!
    Soo...your match profile! I would 100% add a picture of you cycling/with your bike. It immediately shows you have an interest and you are active/ you keep fit, and take care of yourself. Take one of your close up pics off, add one on the bike and maybe a full length one too. A bit of variety is good!

In the 'what you're looking for section - take off the bit about looking for a gorgeous girl. I know its part tongue in cheek, but not all gorgeous ladies think they are gorgeous, so you could be missing out here if they don't feel like they reach your standards.
    You could put something like 'looking for a best friend for adventures, laughter and lakeside walks' ... something along those lines?
    Be open about having your girls? Just a simple sentence how you love spending time with them? A lot of people probably automatically put 'none' when selecting 'should he have children' but this isn't necessarily accurate. Knowing you're a caring guy who sees his daughters regularly is a good thing
    Put more about your interests...music? film/tv? Country pubs? Favourite restaurant types?
    Just give people snapshots into what things SLA likes and how much of a great date he would be!!
    Keep sending plenty of messages! I was close to giving up until I messaged my now boyfriend. I would go within a 50 mile radius maybe? I ended up broadening my search distance wise, I was living in lancashire and ended up with someone from leeds. Some may be put off by a 2 hour journey, maybe keep it to within 90 minutes? Or thereabouts.

Looking forward to the update! xx

Thank you SO MUCH Carrie!!

That is all such good advice. When I was reading that back I thought... "YES!! I'm just not selling myself!!!!"

I need to work so much harder at it. I actually feel a bit stupid for not writing a lot more about my likes/dislikes etc.

Just a quick message to say I am looking for your questions to do another Q&A video, so if you would like me to answer anything post it here or send me a message!!

Have a great sunday!!

xx

You Know SLA I feel the same I enjoy trying to help other members too, it takes your mind off your own problems And I too need to start over again and get my life back on track as I am derailed big time!! So Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information