Thread: Irregular Heartbeat.

Irregular Heartbeat.

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering with a mild fluttery sensation in my neck since August but it only lasted a week. I went to the Drs who booked me in for a 24hour ECG on halloween. I had a sickness bug and missed it, but wasn't worried as like I say I was not getting the palpitations in my lower throat anymore.

Last week they started again but it is constant, pretty much every five minutes I get one (an extra beat, or at least it feels that way). I am booked in at the doctor again today.

My post is asking if anyone else suffers with this feeling or an irregular heartbeat solely due to anxiety? Its worse on a night and I can feel that aching anxiety in my chest again pretty high. I am wondering if my anxiety COULD be causing this? When I listen to my heart beat it does change at the same time I get the sensation in my chest so its not just my mind playing tricks on me.

Re: Irregular Heartbeat.

When I listen to my heart beat it does change at the same time I get the sensation in my chest so its not just my mind playing tricks on me.
    As far as I am aware its impossible to detect an "irregular heartbeat" without appropriate equipment.

So I would say your mind can still be playing tricks.

Anxiety can cause palpitations etc, but they are normal and are absolutely of no concern.

Get your ECG done, and if they are happy, start to move on.

Re: Irregular Heartbeat.

Thank you, after going to the Drs they have prescribed me propranolol to slower my heart rate which I am using until my ECG next year! thanks for your response

Thread Information