Thread: Piles or not?

Piles or not?

Hello,
    I've been through quite a difficult time recently as I suffered a pregnancy loss. I've since been given all clear to try again as the reason it happened was just bad turn in nature. I was worried sick in the run up and when we were having tests done etc and now I've been cleared about that I seem to have focused on something else.

Basically when I've had a bowel movement I noticed a soft squidgy lump when wiping, hard to keep bottom clean unless I shower after it. I mentioned this lumpy feeling to my GP and she said it sounded like Haemorrhoids and to buy some cream and use that. I have used it and not noticed anything else as I'm not sure they are playing up as badly. I have no pain or bleeding from what I can see and I've looked closely with a torch. I just notice a soft squidgy lump on anus when wiping after a bowel movement. I'm a big worrier so I've started looking more including squatting over a mirror to which when I do and push I can see these lumps appear they aren't massive and there are 3 they look same colour as anus but with tiny blue veiny colourings in them. They then disppwar when I get up and if I lie down and have a look they aren't there just the usual anus with maybe abit of wrinkled skin where the filled up lumps were.

Is this normal? I'm going back to my GP as I've scared myself with anal cancer by googling it. Like I say they aren't there unless I squat over a mirror and push or I feel a soft lump after a poo sometimes, not every time.

Can anyone tell me this is normal? I seem to be focusing on it and worrying about it yet they don't cause me much trouble. Only when I think about it!

Re: Piles or not?

Hi Bigworrier it does sound like a pile to me and don't Google it which you have already done.you going to see your Dr which is good they will tell you straight away and probably write you a prescription for it to help you Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigworrier View Post
    I've looked closely with a torch...I've started looking more including squatting over a mirror to which when I do and push I can see these lumps appear they aren't massive and there are 3 they look same colour as anus but with tiny blue veiny colourings in them.

Is this normal? !
    With respect... Yes... hemmies are normal... The rest? Looking at your poo port with a flashlight and self testing, closely examining by pushing and such? Not so much...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Holy crap...

I'm a big worrier so I've started looking more including squatting over a mirror
    No good can EVER come from inspecting your undercarriage in a mirror!

to which when I do and push I can see these lumps appear they aren't massive and there are 3 they look same colour as anus but with tiny blue veiny colourings in them. They then disppwar when I get up and if I lie down and have a look they aren't there just the usual anus with maybe abit of wrinkled skin where the filled up lumps were.
    Piles are basically like varicose veins up yer bum and what you have described are piles. Worry not. I've had them for 28 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    No good can EVER come from inspecting your undercarriage in a mirror!

Piles are basically like varicose veins up yer bum and what you have described are piles. Worry not. I've had them for 28 years.
    Thanks NoraB, so do you always have them that's what's bothering me I think the fact I think is my anus normal?! Lol small pointless things occupy my mind when I'm not busy as you can tell. I've not worried much about it today to be fair as when I'm busy I don't tend to focus on that area of that makes sense as I feel a lot of it is anxiety so it's making me focus and try to concentrate on any twinge in that area and then I realise I'm tense and relax and forget about it.

Thanks NoraB, so do you always have them that's what's bothering me I think the fact I think is my anus normal?! Lol small pointless things occupy my mind when I'm not busy as you can tell. I've not worried much about it today to be fair as when I'm busy I don't tend to focus on that area of that makes sense as I feel a lot of it is anxiety so it's making me focus and try to concentrate on any twinge in that area and then I realise I'm tense and relax and forget about it.
    Once you have a hemorrhoid you always have a hemorrhoid and mostly they are not problematic unless you strain on the loo. They usually shrink back without intervention after a few days but I sometimes get the old Anusol out if they are especially giving me gyp.

Hi,

I appreciate this a very old post but I have exactly the same lumps when squatting, did you find out what it was?

Thanks

Thread Information