Thread: Yes I'm getting help but god these stomach pain issues are starting to scare me ibs?

Yes I'm getting help but god these stomach pain issues are starting to scare me ibs?

Hey,

So I'll start off yes I'm in cbt really trying to get my self out allot more literally have no social life at all :( pretty much so i sit in most days probably making my anxiety way, way worse. Been put into group sessions cbt starting next Jan which hopefully I might meet some people and start talking . Going to a christmas party aswell with people from there on the 20th.

I did get stressed at work in the morning there's one co worker that takes the piss, tells you to rotate stock etc when even they don't and she had a go at me for not doing it. 1 hour later went running for the toilet so Idk if that caused that one

Anyway these stomach issues are starting to worry me my ibs pains in the past have been like cramps, but Wednesday, last friday and today at work It'll last probably 15 mins but scares me. Basically If i push my navel it becomes tender and sometimes hurts and it went tender when bending over aswell then after the 15 mins it went and it hasn't come back yet.

Wednesday possibly the scariest panic attack I've ever had woke up with tenderness just right of my navel area and it was tender when i stood breathed in deep etc it was like a bit of sharp stabbing to say the least I was terrified and thought it was my worst fear come true, appendicitis it went later in the day.

I'm scared it could ibd maybe a hernia? even though I can't feel a lump, bulge etc or worse a tumor or mass or something :( Has anyone had similar with ibs? like a stabbing, tenderness and hurts when you take a deep breath, bending over etc?

To me i doubt it's ibs, Also a weird one when I went to the toilet yesterday I had like a possibly pulled muscle sort of pain? to the right near my hipbone when going, Will admit i did strain a little a bit not much I don't sit and strain like I used to as that isn't good just bits every now and then like for 2 seconds at a time. You reckon this could be ibs, gas or maybe a muscle?

I've had this before though it wasn't there today just every now and then it still scares me sometimes after I've been straight after I'll get like adbdo pain aswell that lasts about 5 minutes haven't had this in a while though.

Idk the whole thing is getting on top of me and I'm finding it hard to believe it's stress/anxiety or ibs.

:( Just can't move on from it all

Re: Yes I'm getting help but god these stomach pain issues are starting to scare me i

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Yes I'm getting help but god these stomach pain issues are starting to scare me i

I'm one to talk, but the more you focus on it the worse it appears.
    I've had a spar stomach for nearly three weeks. The feelings and sensations have varied. I currently have cramps like period pains but not due on. I've had a gas and bloated feeling and a stitch feeling. I have pockets of gas that when I press my stomach it makes a loud noise. I can't say what it is you have; but I do know that anxiety can cause these feelings and it's a horrible little circle
    The noises are my current focus and worry. None stop sounds

What does your CBT therapist think about you posting on the forum Lockey?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Funnily enough I was just thinking the same about me. I had to say my goodbyes a few years ago as I was constantly on here seeking reassurance.
    I've had about 2 weeks of worry this time; I think after today I'm going to try detox from NMP site ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    What does your CBT therapist think about you posting on the forum Lockey?

Positive thoughts
    He told me to stop or he did tell me to try and stay from posting on here but sometimes hard to not :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    He told me to stop or he did tell me to try and stay from posting on here but sometimes hard to not :(
    Thank you for being honest about that. He's 100% right. When I went to therapy for some depression after my cancer, I was told to stay off the cancer forum. Doing so helped tremendously.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information