Thread: Thoughts from school past upsetting me

Thoughts from school past upsetting me

OK so I'm 27 ,and I wasn't bullied at school...or maybe it was .there was a small group who used to call me names occasionally. And when I think back to primary school i also had a couple there who would say horrible things to me.i am quite a quiet person and introvert ,and I now have had anxiety for a few years now.
    I already do not have many friends ,and every now and then I can't help thinking back to people who have been horrible to me at school ,and it gets me down .I feel angry that they have got away with saying things and upsetting me ,and I'm left with the thoughts .I get quite depressed thinking that people have been horrible to me for no reason and I don't know what to about it

Re: Thoughts from school past upsetting me

Hi Kate,

I was bullied all through school. Just had one of those faces, innit. For four years, it was on a daily basis. One of the reasons I no longer use Facebook is because they are on there posting their pathetic pictures and poking people with sheep. Some of them haven't aged well AT ALL and that cheered me up no end but I realised that I was in danger of being carted off to a secure unit so I really needed to draw a line under all that stuff and move on.

Children can be cruel, some more than others and maybe some of them have had the conscience to feel ashamed of how they treated me but most likely most have them have forgotten. I am simply not that important to them so why should I give them have any importance in my life?

Here's what you do.

Take some carrots and draw a face on each of them representing the nasty gits who were mean to you. Then stab the living daylights out of them, dice them, chuck em in a stew and scoff the lot with a massive belch as a finale.

I think there is a lot to be said for carrot therapy.
    Last edited by NoraB; 10-12-16 at 09:16. Reason: Removed a word

Quote Originally Posted by Kate1989 View Post
    OK so I'm 27 ,and I wasn't bullied at school...or maybe it was .there was a small group who used to call me names occasionally. And when I think back to primary school i also had a couple there who would say horrible things to me.i am quite a quiet person and introvert ,and I now have had anxiety for a few years now.
    I already do not have many friends ,and every now and then I can't help thinking back to people who have been horrible to me at school ,and it gets me down .I feel angry that they have got away with saying things and upsetting me ,and I'm left with the thoughts .I get quite depressed thinking that people have been horrible to me for no reason and I don't know what to about it
    Hi Kate.

I had a terrible time growing up for a number of reasons. It doesn't make it go away but I can assure you that you are not alone. Like yourself, I can also be quite shy at times but that is what makes the world go round, different personalities. Usually when people say nasty things it is because they are jealous of their target or are not happy about an aspect of themselves. I'd put my money on you being a fantastic person, so they are most likely jealous.

Have a happy Christmas and remember to keep smiling.

Hi Kate Yes can indentify with this and even in the work place in the NHS of all damn places. TBH with you these sort of people aren't worth knowing and are cowards and always seem to do this when in a group as they need power to survive so feel what you are going through! My advice is you have survived and it's over a decade ago. Close the door behind you and lock it and move on Try and stay positive and chin up!!!

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Hi Kate,

I was bullied all through school. Just had one of those faces, innit. For four years, it was on a daily basis. One of the reasons I no longer use Facebook is because they are on there posting their pathetic pictures and poking people with sheep. Some of them haven't aged well AT ALL and that cheered me up no end but I realised that I was in danger of being carted off to a secure unit so I really needed to draw a line under all that stuff and move on.

Children can be cruel, some more than others and maybe some of them have had the conscience to feel ashamed of how they treated me but most likely most have them have forgotten. I am simply not that important to them so why should I give them have any importance in my life?

Here's what you do.

Take some carrots and draw a face on each of them representing the nasty gits who were mean to you. Then stab the living daylights out of them, dice them, chuck em in a stew and scoff the lot with a massive belch as a finale.

I think there is a lot to be said for carrot therapy.
    I like the way you think NoraB and out of the box so to speak cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post

I like the way you think NoraB and out of the box so to speak cheers
    All helps to keep me sane.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    All helps to keep me sane.
    Yes and we certainly need to do this Cheers

I was bullied a lot during school, because of my disability.

It took one lad a few years ago to say sorry to me (as of the off chance I saw him) he regonised me so I must have not change that much.

I still have a small circle of friends,

I definitely identify with this. I also was and still am an introvert. I was also the youngest in my class so the boys were bigger than me and girls didn't notice me at all. I kept to myself. Didn't go to dances or parties. Occasionally was picked on but I was pretty good at avoiding it. I know it really hurt my self esteem. In fact some of my teachers would talk to my parents about it. I still have self esteem issues now, and im sure it has a lot to do with my anxiety. I also still think back to my time in school, especially high-school, and wish things had been different for me.

I know this thread is nearly 4 years old now, but I can totally relate to the feelings of the OP.

School for me in the 80s and the first half of the 90s (I left full-time education in July 1993 when I was 16) was like being in prison for me at times, and a hotbed of constant shouting and screaming from both staff and other pupils (and even physical abuse on occasions).

I'm glad those years are now long behind me. I'm very disappointed that lessons of many mistakes of the past still haven't been learnt in the education system, such as collective punishments in the form of entire classes or even an entire school being given detention over the misdemeanours of just a couple of pupils, which probably encourages them to misbehave all the more because they happen to get kicks out of causing mass disruption and inconvenience to all.

Also many newer school premises (built within the last 20 years) have continued to be poorly designed and laid out, leading to a lot of the typical problems, in which the original architects/
    designers probably never even gave as much of a second thought to during the planning stages.

Thread Information