Thread: 100mg to 150mg Sertraline - side effects. Please help.

100mg to 150mg Sertraline - side effects. Please help.

Very brief back story. I've been on sertraline for nearly 10 years, never more than 100mg, lowest 25mg.

Im two days in to an increase from 100mg to 150mg, as I'm having a rough time with grief (my dad died this time of year) and my emetophobia is causing me a great deal of anxiety. I feel very warm and nauseated today, is that normal?

It's causing me anxiety because I have a sickness phobia and my son had a tummy bug at the end of last week, although I didn't come into direct contact with him when he was being sick. I did however cuddle with him the day after (he was away visiting Nanny at the time).

Just having trouble ascertaining if I'm ill or these are normal side effects :(

Re: 100mg to 150mg Sertraline - side effects. Please help.

Hi Katkat, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad, I lost my Dad to cancer in February of this year, and am finding the approach to christmas to be challenging.

2 days into the increase is very early days, and you have tollerated it well for 10 years so I don't think its any kind of reaction to the medication. It's also possible that with the increase, any side effects are being amplified in your mind by your son having had the tummy bug, and the emetophobia.

Try to ride it out if you can I think, but obviously don't hesitate to speak to your GP if you are worried x

Thread Information