Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Biopsy.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,725

    Biopsy.

    Been for my cystoscopy this morning and he's sending me for a ct scan and a bladder biopsy. This is all my nightmares come true. He said women have bumps/lumps in their bladder and mine looked bigger and inflammed so he has to look into it. I told him i had health anxiety and he said he's 99% sure it's not cancer. He said it could be from the food poisoning i had 3 months ago, hormonal or just that's normal for me. I am going to worry all over xmas now
    Last edited by zippy; 16-12-16 at 11:25.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    21,189

    Re: Biopsy.

    I know your mind won't allow it but try and think of how positive 99% means. He's just doing his due diligence as a doctor. If he fobbed you off you would still be doubting so at least you'll get a definitive "ALL CLEAR" soon.

    Positive thoughts
    __________________
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

    The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    68

    Re: Biopsy.

    I know it's hard not to worry, but the 99% chance sounds very hood to me. I think that the 1% might just be the doctor protecting his back. He can't give you a 100% guarantee without a test.

    But worrying about that 1% might as well be like worrying about getting hit by a cae when crossing the road.

    Enjoy Christmas and don't let this ruin it for you. I know it's easier said than done, but it's not like worrying is gonna change anything.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Biopsy.

    I went through this recently with a breast biopsy. My doctor and the radiologist both were 99% sure the lump I felt was benign but set me up for a biopsy to be safe and to ease my mind. I had the biopsy right before Thanksgiving. So I was freaking out over the Thanksgiving holiday/weekend. It came back benign! They were right and I should've believed them. *hugs* I'll be praying for you!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,288

    Re: Biopsy.

    If you were betting all of your money, would you put it on the 99% or the 1%?

    Is your mental health worth more than money?

    Which means...
    __________________
    Check Out My Vlog - The Most Important Thing I Learnt About Anxiety
    How to Beat Intrusive Thoughts
    “Begin at once to live, and count each separate day as a separate life.” ― Seneca

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,725

    Re: Biopsy.

    You can't help the way you think SLA.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    212

    Re: Biopsy.

    a doctor giving 99% odds is as good as it could get.
    the 1% is just arse covering, but to give them odds I'd say he knows you're all good

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    298

    Re: Biopsy.

    My GP always says: we can be 99% sure but usually send for further tests to be that 100% sure. However if I genuinely think it's something, I would honestly tell you.

    99% sure in doctor's terms, is sure. They just need to on paper be 100% sure.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,725

    Re: Biopsy.

    The urologist did say if he thought it looked sinister he would be honest with me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,288

    Re: Biopsy.

    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    You can't help the way you think SLA.
    And that is precisely what is holding you back.

    Because you can.
    __________________
    Check Out My Vlog - The Most Important Thing I Learnt About Anxiety
    How to Beat Intrusive Thoughts
    “Begin at once to live, and count each separate day as a separate life.” ― Seneca

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Biopsy today
    By bab in forum Medical Tests/Procedures
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-16, 12:41
  2. biopsy help
    By Aleman200 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-07-16, 16:16
  3. Biopsy
    By Pcdaft in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-02-16, 18:18
  4. Can a biopsy be taken?
    By sleepingbeauty23 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-02-16, 02:11
  5. Biopsy taken
    By Zairean in forum Endoscopy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-13, 10:34

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •