Thread: Breast lump - been referred to breast clinic - terrified!

Breast lump - been referred to breast clinic - terrified!

I haven't posted on here in a long time as everything's been relatively ok. For the last few weeks I've actually been really happy, looking forward to Christmas etc and then last Thursday I discover a lump in one of my breasts. I went to the GP yesterday who did a 2 week referral to the breast clinic. She said it could be a cyst or fatty tissue but can't be sure, which is understandable given she can only feel it and not see it! It's mobile, which she said is a good sign and I have no family history of breast cancer but of course I'm worried sick! I've pretty much written my life off thinking I'm going to die. I hardly ate yesterday and just laid on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. I just can't deal with it! I know that 90% of breast lumps aren't cancer but of course I always think of the worst case scenario. I've got private health insurance so I'm hoping to get seen this week. The waiting around not knowing is the worst bit! I've read a lot of other similar posts on here and the replies have been reassuring but felt I needed to type this out just to get it off of my chest.

Re: Breast lump - been referred to breast clinic - terrified!

At least you have been referred to get it checked out

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Breast lumps are truly terrifying. I had one a while ago that turned out to be normal breast tissue. I was told I have dense breasts and that it is difficult to see breast cancer. Well, SHIT!

Friday, I found a marble sized moveable lump next to my right breast and I am freaking out myself. Breast cancer can show up in auxiliary lymph nodes. I went to urgent care (my doctor's office was all booked) and saw a wonderful doctor who is sending me for an ultrasound though she told me not to worry about it as she thinks it is just a reactive lymph node.... Ha! Easier said than done! Why is it reactive??

Anyway, I am also a doomsday kind of person and have been thinking horrible thoughts. I hope to get an appointment for tomorrow or the next day so I can know what it is before the weekend! Before Christmas.

Let's send each other good thoughts...

M

Ladies I am with you....my GP thinks its tissue BUT not sure......I have been referred before about 3 years ago with the same breast but I am 100% certain this lump has just appeared or has it always been there....when I was referred 3 years I am not sure if I had this lump or I was just referred because of the lumpiness in one breast....I am truly going insane and also thinking this is my last Christmas!!!!!

Thread Information