Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have a serious fear of blood tests? NOT the needle

Re: Does anyone else have a serious fear of blood tests? NOT the needle

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Hi Crystal

It is a never ending story this side lol, if its not one thing its another, yesterday I actually sat down and thought to myself 'right, if you did not have anything to worry about with your health what would you think about', the sad thing is I could not answer my own question as for the last 13 months all I have been worried about is one health scare or another and do not really know how to think differently.

I am with you on the planning thing, I am so scared to plan a holiday or a weekend away just in case I would need tests or something needs investigating, its bloody crazy as I know its crazy but I cannot snap out of it, in my head its like a bad omen if I begin to plan stuff, like something will come and get me (if that makes sense)

I have not read your post (I shall do), but what is the problem with the intermittent bleeding or what do you think the problem is? A girl at work has the same issue - she is 26 and recently just starting bleeding on & off, the GP also said she needs a smear test to check things, I do not know how old you are but what are you scared of the 'C word'?

Its so funny though as when she told me I said go to the GP, I seem to be so calm with other people's health issue but my own OMG I am freaking out.... my friend is just like 'yes I will make an appointment, its probably nothing' WISH I could be so calm.

I also realized that I have only been with my new GP surgery for about 9 weeks & I have already had 4 appointments with 4 different doctors, surely they must be thinking 'what a total nut case!'

I generally do not worry about money or husbands or cars etc, its just my health, any little thing I need super investigating and I never trust what the doctor says.....

Talk to me if you want or PM me

Hello Kay so sorry I've only just had chance to look on here! First of all you're NOT on your own with the GP surgery and so many appointments, I'm always on the phone to them and I'm sure they know my voice now when I ring up Whenever I walk into an appointment I'm certain they're thinking "Oh its her again". Lol.

Yeah that's exactly it with the planning thing, my sister and parents are trying to sort currently for us to all go away in a month but I can't even talk about it as I feel it's being presumptuous that I'll be able to go! It's ridiculous, I used to live so differently and feel like I actually had a life and freedom.

Oh I hope your friend at work is ok, it's such a scary problem, I'm 36 so there is a chance mine could be hormone related. It's basically that I started spotting mid cycle, then got flu, then my period started on the day it was due but while I was seriously bad with flu and it went away the next day. Then it came back this week. And I'm scared about why this has happened and yes am thinking the worst. Then to make it worse I'm terrified of facing up to it and going to get it sorted but I will do and a friend is coming with me.

Spoke to my mum and she said at 36 the exact same thing started happening to her and was like it for the next 8 years til she hit menopause, so I'm holding onto hope that it's a similar thing.

It's just coping with the anxiety symptoms isn't it, I can't eat properly or sleep, I'm constantly nervous with butterflies, I'm analysing my whole body every second, I can't hold a conversation.

How are things with you today?

Hi Crystal

No problem - I am 36 too and even when I think about it I am scared of getting old as when you get old there is more risk, however BREAK THROUGH, I have decided last night that I will not be seeking a 2nd opinion, I have to accept the GP's decision & realize that she knows what the hell she is doing.

I have to move on with my life, I seriously do..... its passing me by. Myself and hubby have tried to start a family about 2 years ago and we still haven't fallen pregnant so I am going to try and concentrate on that with my hubby.

Spotting mid cycle is very common from what I read (at any age) but I know what you mean thinking the worst and wondering...... always checking, feeling and prodding, I get so mad with myself at times that I just sit and cry and wonder 'what the hell am I doing'!!!

Before I went to see the GP with my blood results the night before I slept but was thinking about the results and positioning myself sitting infront of the GP and then woke up in a sweat

CRAZY

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Hi Crystal

No problem - I am 36 too and even when I think about it I am scared of getting old as when you get old there is more risk, however BREAK THROUGH, I have decided last night that I will not be seeking a 2nd opinion, I have to accept the GP's decision & realize that she knows what the hell she is doing.

I have to move on with my life, I seriously do..... its passing me by. Myself and hubby have tried to start a family about 2 years ago and we still haven't fallen pregnant so I am going to try and concentrate on that with my hubby.

Spotting mid cycle is very common from what I read (at any age) but I know what you mean thinking the worst and wondering...... always checking, feeling and prodding, I get so mad with myself at times that I just sit and cry and wonder 'what the hell am I doing'!!!

Before I went to see the GP with my blood results the night before I slept but was thinking about the results and positioning myself sitting infront of the GP and then woke up in a sweat

CRAZY
    Hi Kay hope you're doing a bit better now, I think you're making a good decision by not going after that 2nd opinion, I'm beginning to see that constant reassurance doesn't actually help ultimately.

Hi Crystal. I was so positive on Friday but yesterday my hubby said i looked slimmer and ofcourse the darn scales have come out!! Im not sure if i have lost weight and my scales at home are weird, they have inaccurate readings, so i dont know what reading to believe! I should be gaining weight by all accounts as im constantly stuffing my face but it seems ive lost some so now the anxiety is kicing in and im terrified to go to boots on those big scales and weigh properly like i do every fortnight or so. Melting down!

Seriously lose the scales, Kay? You will just be weighing yourself obsessively otherwise. I speak from bitter experience-the scales are not helpful. you know you have been checked out and nothing remotely sinister has been found. Try to accept that and remember your good intentions of a few days ago? Don't let HA get a hold on you again. Don't let the doubts creep back in. Enjoy being a newly wed?

I know. Ive had the cough now for 4 weeks and counting so im putting two and two together thinking lung cancer and they missed somethjng last year Feb with the xray that was taken or its grown within a year..... everything is so hard, i was so positive Friday and ive failed in 48 hours!

You haven't got lung cancer full stop. But only you can believe this.

Concentrate on starting your family with your new husband-there's a whole new horizon opening up for you... Take HA into a pregnancy and you have 9 months of hell (been there). Manage your HA now and think about a new beginning all round x

Just freaking me out now.... plus today I have woken with a burning nose and sore shoulder....Goodness me I am seriously falling apart

I should really concentrate on my planning but its so hard....how did you overcome your HA?

I'm not sure that I've overcome it but can manage it. I accept any test results, I don't ask for second opinions or reassurance-nobody can reassure me other than myself and there is never 100% reassurance anyway. I know my red flag symptoms and would not ignore them. I would only want a hospital test/procedure if there was a clinical need for it and would say no if the GP said it was for my own "peace of mind".

I'd advise you to steer clear of the HA board on here as well as you recover.

I know what you mean however I really do not know how to overcome the need for reassurance, I mean, I am finding myself right now looking at getting a private chest x-ray to check if there is something in my lungs..........

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information