Thread: Scared about my parents.

Unhappy Scared about my parents.

Hello everyone, my first real concerning post here.

Essentially I am usually a health anxiety based person worrying heavily about myself, but now im worrying about the near future and my parents.

Essentially im 20, made jobless 6 months ago and since moving from a city to a remote place I am very isolated and finding jobs is hard as I am relying on my parents for lifts and things.

Im worrying about my future and now im worrying about my parents, my mum has had this cough last ages and at one point told me there was some blood in it, and my dad has been having toilet issues for months now but they are bot the most stubborn people known and dont go to the doctor. Im deeply scared that my dad has bowel cancer and my mum has lung cancer.

To think I will lose both of them is sending me spiraling and crumbling emotionally. Its scaring me and so close to christmas as well. I hate this feeling and im worried its going to ruin my christmas. To be left alone when I have nothing is daunting but more so is losing the people I love.

Re: Scared about my parents.

Don't take it out in advance, best thing is if they both go and have a check-up of course. Why don't they want to go? It could be it's less serious than you think. For instance I've had a cough for a couple of weeks, from a cold, and irritating as it is, it doesn't mean it's neither lung cancer nor pneumonia, but rather more likely bronchitis from too much dry and cold air, in combination with the flue-like cold. Best advice is probably to talk about your worries with your parents.

Thread Information