Thread: Brain fog

Brain fog

Hey there everyone,

So for the last month and a half after my first ever vertigo attack I've been feeling off balance, like my equilibrium is off (sort of like I'm on a boat), along with intermittent headaches, areas of my head that don't feel right or full and areas that almost buzz for a bit. Like if I scratch it then it should go away. Last night was my scariest symptom, I was finishing a book and found that no matter how much I read the words it was like my mind couldn't comprehend what they meant. Well I rubbed my eyes and really focused and got through it.

I've seen my doctor about all this and am seeing a physio for the dizziness - they don't really know why I have it and I was thinking, could all of this be anxiety related? I tend to clench my jaw when I'm anxious and I've noticed that I've been doing that lately. I'm no stranger to psychosomatic symptoms - sometimes it's tough to know what's real and what's just the anxiety. But this seems like it's not my anxiety. Then again I've been wrong before (I'm sure lots of you, such as myself, have been convinced they are having a heart attack).

Is it possible for me to subconsciously just be tightening all of my muscles in my head which would result in the dizzziness, headaches and all around foggy brain feeling?

Also, has anyone else not been able to comprehend something they are reading? I'm a little worried about that new symptom. I'm trying to just accept that it is and do some mindfulness and otherwise get on with my day but sometimes I feel so crappy I'm convinced it's something worse the doctors are missing.

Thanks everyone and happy holidays

Re: Brain fog

Hi there. I too have had brain fog as of late with some associated dizziness of which I went to the ENT dr for and they tested my hearing, took x rays of my sinuses, etc. and couldn't really find why I was dizzy maybe just allergies. As my weird head cold/sinus infection/allergies have died down so has the brain fog. It's really scary and I know how you feel. At work I would go to do something and forget exactly what and id have to really think about it. I still have trouble with recall but it's getting better and honestly it kinda just got better little by little day by day. It's still there but it's not to the extreme that it was. Hang in there.

Scooter I could of wrote this post. My memory is shocking with it and it scares me to death. I have brain fog, can't concentrate or think clearly, my eyes are blurry, I get headaches and flashing lights. Never had a proper diagnosis. I did read on something called depersonalisation which was very interesting and really fit the billl. I am going on 4 years and it's getting worse but I think I'm going to try meds in the new yr x

I am actually suffering with the exact same thing. Awful dizziness and vertigo also having physio to see if that helps. I also have a misalinging jaw which I clench all the time too. I feel very tense constantly. I too worry about the brain fog. I have awful short term memory loss ans often lose my way when I'm talking to someone which is terrifying as I feel like I don't know how to talk etc. If u ever want to chat let me know. Did u have any tests for the dizziness? They won't test me as they just say oh it's anxiety.

Anxiety cause me to be dizzy, foggy and it also affected my short term memory. Dealing with the anxiety has improved all of these areas because I could reduce the tension across my body.

Ok well that puts my mind at ease slightly. Last night when I woke up and rolled over to fall back asleep, no matter what position I was in it felt like an onset of dizziness was starting and my head would feel all pressurized. My arms and hands also go all prickly and I felt a wave of hot flashes hit me. I was really freaking out - has anyone experienced the same?

Yeah, I've had all of that too!

Anxiety is a wild little creature. Every time I think it's something that can't be anxiety, everyone I ask about it has suffered from it too haha.

the list of things that Anxiety can cause/mimic is astounding.

Yes, I too have had all this, in fact for me the foggy headed, off balance thing is the absolute worst thing about anxiety. I also have chronic jaw clenching issues. I absolutely am sure that anxiety does this to us.

Thread Information