Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diazepam? Buspar?

Question Diazepam? Buspar?

Could anyone tell me the difference between the two? I need medication which is a quick fix so that I can face something in my life at the moment but have no intention of staying on long term.

any advice very much appreciated!

Re: Diazepam? Buspar?

Only use Diazapam myself, never tried the other one, but the Diazapam is brill. I use it 5 days a month for pmt. Instant fix to be honest. Hope that helps.
    xxx

I have only ever tried Diazepam many years ago.

I had 2mg tablets and used to break them in half and take one to help with the panic. Works very fast.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was prescribed this several months ago when my anxiety was particularly bad.

Some GPs seem to prefer prescribing this rather than something like Valium. Buspar is taken regularly and can take several weeks to take effect, rather than the immediate effects of Valium. It didn't help me but maybe I didn't take it long enough - my GP is against prescribing anything like this.

There is more information here.

Hope this helps.

Karen

i cant get my gp to give me anything , he always seems to fob me off out the door again its very frustrating

Diazepam belongs to a family of tranquillisers known as benzodiapenes. They're highly addictive and make you feel like a zombie, but they work instantly. Buspar is non-addictive and doesn't have such drastic side effects so is seen as a more attractive alternative. It does take time to really kick in-about 6 weeks, while you feel the effects of diazepam within half an hour. Buspar can be taken alongside any other anti-depressants. I took it for a while and it certainly reduced tension and adrenalin rushes. I was on 15mg but I believe you can take up to 30 mg a day.

hi guys , my doc took me off diazapam, 10 5mgs a month to 5mg of buspar every other day.

was wondering if anyone knows if the dose seems right and do they work, have been on them about 5 weeks now

Hi

Ive read your post, I dont know about the other druug your talking about but I do know about diazepam.
    Unfortunately I went through a very difficullt time , well still im. My daiy dose is 40mg, 10mg 4 times a day. My body is addicted to it but it has helped me.

Im annoyed that I have to take 40mg but if I didnt I would be in the unit again.

I cant give you advise about the drugs because at the end of the day its your call and has to be. Alhough you would not be put on tthe dose Im on.

If you need to talk please pm me anytime.
    take care
    nessx

hey ness, im sorry to hear your on such a hi dose,

my doc took me off it as he feared that i may too becoem addicted.

have you disscussed swapping over ad weening off diazapam?

Buspar takes several weeks to work, but my dr gave me klonopin until then. It is a benzo that alsts up to 12 hours. I took that until my buspar kicked in. It was wonderful. I have been on and off the drugs for the last 6 years. I don't want to be on drugs all the time ,so I take them intermittently. I am also trying therapy along with the meds this time, so hopefully all will go well. Best wishes. PM me anytime

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information