Thread: Not comfortable seeing a male OBGYN

Not comfortable seeing a male OBGYN

My regular doc is a female, but because I'm pregnant I have to see all the maternity doctors. I am really not comfortable having a man in my business. I don't want to see 10 different doctors during my pregnancy I just want one dr for the entire thing. Idk why it's set up like this but even my husband is upset with having another man checking around down there. If it were an emergency situation that would be something different. But since the only man that has been in my business is my husband neither one of us want another mans hands down there. Idk what to do. Either I bite the bullet and see these 3 men and 2 woman for the next 9 months or I drive further for a woman doctor. Idk if this is pregnancy horomoes talking right now but I'm so upset I want to cry.

Re: Not comfortable seeing a male OBGYN

Where in America do you live...Walton's mountain? It may well be pregnancy hormones for you, but what's your husband's excuse? Are you part of any religion that prevents you from being examined by a male doctor? You say there are 3 male gynaecologists and 2 female, so let them know how you and your husband feel about this issue and request female only if possible. At the end of the day your pregnancy and baby come first and by the time you are giving birth, you won't care if the Pope is telling you to push to be honest

Take care
    ISB x
    Last edited by Catherine S; 21-12-16 at 17:15.

Thread Information