Thread: Soft tissue sarcoma? Arm lump.

Unhappy Soft tissue sarcoma? Arm lump.

Im getting completely de-moralized with all this. I have been doing well with HA for a few months before this worry has begun niggling at me so much.

Brief Story

About 2 weeks ago today I was down in my old town and I met with some of my mates, we had fun and did some arm wrestling. Later that same night I went to put the bins (trash) out for my nan and noticed a pulling sensation that felt a bit odd along my right forearm, I rubbed it and noticed this lump. I don't know if this is linked but this is when I noticed.

The lump itself

Basically its my right forearm area, if you were to raise your palm up it is slightly up from the elbow crease by about 3Cm. It starts from the left side and feels a lot like a vein then it seems to widen slightly kind of like a flower or trumpet shape. it is soft and moves side to side. There is a small pea sized area that is very tender when prodded. It casts a shadow when I hold it up to a light source.

Why I am so damn scared

Essentially from another anxiety attack I had last year I basically read a million and one articles about soft tissue sarcoma and after innocently looking about lumps in this area things are getting rulled out. Lipoma doesn't seem possible really. It moves side to side but not any other way, and it isn't very defined and its tender. Pulled muscle Its already been 2 weeks and it hasn't gone down. SVT or simmilar vein issue I was hoping it was this as I have had 2 blood tests a year ago but it doesnt say anywhere that this persists so long after injections. It says a few months at most.

So it seems through illimination its sarcoma. I only noticed it that day 2 weeks ago so I dont know for sure how long it is there. Also by lookin at anatomy diagrams there are no lymph nodes in that area so it defo isnt that. It does feel like a vein I would say, at leas the left side does.

Im legitematly scared again. Rationality in my own mind doesnt get through to me but to me I am being rational by ruling out stuff. Sadly it only leaves terrible stuff...

Re: Soft tissue sarcoma? Arm lump.

Hey Razor... I recall you from AZ. You know me. I don't pull any punches

You know and I know that this isn't anything sinister. We also know that me telling you this isn't going to help unless you accept it. If you're that concerned, see your doctor but I'll place my bet on this being nothing close to sinister.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had a lump like this in the same place and I freaked out too. Ran hotfoot to the Dr, who felt it and straightaway said it's just fatty tissue. He even showed me that he had one himself in the same place!

Thanks guys. I'm having one of those moments where it's just red alert all of the time. If I'm honest you're probably right it's something non sinister. It's just that it doesn't seem to me like a lipoma. I suppose the fact it's tender leads to less sinister thing it feels kind of bruised actually and I had a bunch of blood tests in the arm that year so maybe it's something like that.

Thread Information