Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried I Have ALS... Arm Fatigue

Worried I Have ALS... Arm Fatigue

Hello,

Incoming new member from AnxietyZone here...

For the past week or so I've been very concerned I am developing ALS. It first started with some twitching in my arm which is what started the whole fear... the twitching only lasted 1 day and went away (I think it was because I took a caffeine pill that day).

A day or two later I noticed my arm felt a little fatigued while I was working on the computer. A day or two after that I noticed I had hand pain in both hands. The hand pain feels a bit better but my right arm is feeling very fatigued the past few days. Just a burning fatigue type feeling in my right arm like I have been working out but I haven't really. I'm just sitting here typing on the keyboard.

I'm very concerned this is indicative of ALS. I'm 30 years old so pretty young but it could happen and it appears to be happening :(

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Re: Worried I Have ALS... Arm Fatigue

Please read the below threads....its not that i dont want to contribute to this but theres some replies I and others gave to someone else struggling with ALS anxiety.

Both of these threads were created today so they are very very recent. I am sure you will find the information relevant to you and I hope it offers you comfort.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=192285

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=192266
    Last edited by Colicab85; 21-12-16 at 16:17.

Thanks for the feedback. For the past few hours I haven't noticed the fatigue feeling as much but my right hand pinky and ring finger feel cramped and like they aren't moving as well :(

Join the club. Except I have twitching all over my body in addition to pain in mostly my right wrist that feels very idk tight I guess just not as limber as the left which is worrying me too. I feel like I've gotten good answers here though that have made me feel a little better. Check out aboutBFS.com I think it is. Ppl there have a host of odd symptoms just like us. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyKillinMe View Post
    Join the club. Except I have twitching all over my body in addition to pain in mostly my right wrist that feels very idk tight I guess just not as limber as the left which is worrying me too. I feel like I've gotten good answers here though that have made me feel a little better. Check out aboutBFS.com I think it is. Ppl there have a host of odd symptoms just like us. Good luck.
    I had a bad bought of twitching last year when I was obsessed with ALS then. It went away eventually. Be well.

Carpal tunnel.

Don't take caffeine pills. The worst thing you can do if you have anxiety. Literally the worst thing.

I've never heard of carpal tunnel affecting the arms. That's what has me mainly concerned, the arm fatigue.

Hmm, now in addition to all of this my right leg feels fatigued and sore.

You are looking for reasons to fuel your concerns. That is what the brain does when it perceives a threat.

It's all a trick of the mind. Quit caffeine. Get exercise. Drink plenty.

Is hand / finger pain a symptom of ALS?

For the past few days my ring finger on my right hand has been sorta painful. I work on the computer all day so I notice it quite a bit. I'm already worried about ALS and I'm wondering if this is a symptom.

I'm not sure what else it could be at this point. Is this a symptom of ALS?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information