Thread: Will Valium work for me?

Will Valium work for me?

Hi all, I wonder if anyone who might have a view on that question could post me a reply, I would be so very grateful.

Tomorrow(Friday 23rd.), my wife and I are supposed to be heading off for a short Christmas holiday. I have already spoiled 3 holidays with panic attacks, and so this time I have been prescribed 2mg Valium tablets to take.

My panic attacks are brought on when I am overcome with a feeling of tiredness from BP medications, which for the moment anyway, and just for the holiday, I have stopped taking. But when the panic attack takes over, I literally collapse to the floor, having no energy or strength to remain standing. All of which I find most distressing of course, not to mention the stress my dear wife immediately endures. My next thought is 'I cannot go on holiday, I have to stay at home'.

So, my question is - will this Valium medication help a sad case such as myself, an elderly but fit and active male? With a very patient better-half. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Re: Will Valium work for me?

First off your not a sad case panic/anxiety is horrid. Valium should help nicely but it's highly addictive so I'm guessing your doctor prescribed just enough to get you through. It takes about 30mins to 1 hour to kick in. It's not advisable to drive after you've taken it.

I've been dealing with a rather serious medical issue with my wife. I asked the doc for something to help and he prescribed some "chill pills" (Xanax) that I can take as needed. Valium is similar. For me, they definitely took the edge off during the last few months.

You have to be careful though. It can be addictive. Don't mix with alcohol either!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information