Thread: Medicine question

Medicine question

I don't know why I'm worried, because a professonal gave me my medication... but I was on 150 MG of Wellbutrin, and I haven't taken the past two nights, now the doctor switched me over to Effexor XR (75 MG). I don't know why, but I'm really worried something's going to happen to me. I'm also on Xanax. She put me on the Effexor, which I understand isn't approved for teenagers, because I'll be eighteen late next month. Someone please calm my nerves.

Hi Whitsab

It is impossible for us to know why your doctor changed your medication. Was the Wellbutrin not helping or causing side effects?

You say you haven't taken it for a couple of nights. Did the doctor suggest you stop it straight away, or gradually wean off and start the Effexor?

If you are concerned about the reasoning for this I would suggest you speak to your doctor again.

Karen

Re: Medicine question

hey, I wasn't asking why my doctor took me off of it... I just wanted to know if it was safe to take the Effexor directly after being on Wellbutrin.
    I didn't take the Wellbutrin the past two nights because I didn't have a prescription of it, and my dad didn't get my new pills (the Effexor) refilled until yesterday afternoon.

Do you have the information leaflet that comes with the Effexor? What does that say? If you aren't sure, give your doctor or pharmacist a call.

Good luck
    Last edited by Dying_Swan; 24-03-14 at 14:52.

Don't know about the medication but wanted to Welcome you aboard the forum and hope we can be of some help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information