Thread: throat

Question throat

hi there this may seem so trivial ,but it has worrird me for weeks ,i had a bad sore throat and cold about 3 weeks ago which took about 1 week to clear,after that i ended up with a tickly cough the cough settled eventually but now i am left with this horrible feeling at the bottom of my throat that i can only describe as a constant tickle sometimes i cough with it but mostly it just feels like i want to cough ,my doc says my chest is clear .it mainly starts up at night then i panic that my throat is going to close over.has any1 else experienced this after a bad sore throat ,its like a constant irratating tickle that neve goes and worse at night.i know it sound a bit trivial but it really worries me ,like it might be asthma ,my son has asthma and he has 1 of the peak flows to monitor it ,i blew it to it and get430 no matter how bad my throat feels,im just scared my throats going to close,all becuase of a tickle sounds stupid i know ,but i have let my fear get out of control regarding my health again,i hope someone can give a bit of advice many thanks take care molly

Re: throat

Hi there

The throat problems are very common but your throat won't close up and you won't suffocate.

Ignoring it is the only cure I am afraid though some saying sucking mints or sweets helps too.

Have you read all the throat posts on here and the Symtoms page?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information