Thread: Lymph node in back of neck, right side only

Lymph node in back of neck, right side only

Hey everyone. Long time panicker, second time poster. I was super sick a month back and the lymph node on the right side of my neck puffed up. About a year and a half ago same thing, only with allergies & it was much bigger. It always goes down but then pops back up the moment I have any kind of head cold or ear/sinus infection. Today, I can feel it when I turn my head to the left. It feels a little hard and moves a little? Maybe. I have been traveling all over the place, was laid off last month so health insurance, while I have it, isn't the best and it would be expensive to see a doctor.

I feel like I might be getting a little sick from my niece & nephew, but I'm just not sure. Is this normal? I'm just so tired or worrying about everything. My HA starts with this lymph node...always.

Anyone have any words of advice? 😳

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Also of note: I'm 35, female. No history of illness. I did have lots of ENT issues when I was younger. Literally know it's anxiety but cannot tell myself to calm down. It's just so difficult.

Re: Lymph node in back of neck, right side only

I have had the same thing in the very same area! Been about 2 weeks now and surfaced around the time I was getting a cold. Takes forever to go away again. Trying not to panic!

So odd, right?! I think that must just be my overactive node, who knows. I can never feel any others in my neck. Just the right one. No idea why. I think it's normal but it always freaks me out especially when my HA is in full effect. Know what I mean?

Yes I know exactly what you mean! I also can never find any others. I definitely think our HA is a huge factor in this :(

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Sometimes I feel like I'm looking for it and prodding it to see if it grows, ahhh!

Is there such thing as a overactive node? I have a swollen one in my armpit right now that is absolutely freaking me out.

@Lam...no idea! I have heard from many many doctors that our bodies have even minor infections htat sometimes we are unaware of. I think if you're super freaked out by it I'd hit the doc. But if you had it checked or your sick/were sick it could be totally normal.

@NicNac-we are kindred lymph-spirits! Lol. I always always feel for that one. I actually developed some post-nasal drip and I'm definitely getting sick so it eases my fears a little. But fwiw even when I'm totally healthy, I can still feel it just a little bit. I also know self-checking can exacerbate the node, so I'm trying g diligently not to fiddle with it and let it do its thing. As for why it gets bigger than the others? No idea. But I do know it goes down with antibiotics once I'm feeling better.

I'll keep ya updated as this pesky cold progresses tho. Hugs!

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

Also @NicNac it took over a month last time I got sick for mine to go away. A month later, and I get a new cold from seeing my niece and nephew who go to Daycare and were sick when I visited. Lil germballs carry some powerful viruses.

Maybe they are just an annoying part of us :( but do keep me posted! Hugs! Xx

Still freaked out about it. Going to try not to touch it for a few days. It is pretty squishy and moveable, so who knows.

Thread Information