Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone but not forgotten!

Re: Gone but not forgotten!

Hey, that list puts the U.S.A. on tops for longevity of Life!
    Be prepared for a flux of immigrants.

Hahaha...so long as you're one of them I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Blimey, you've been busy FMP and listed so professionally.
    The beauty of Google and C&P Carnation ~lol~

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    oddly, very little Status Quo on the radio though ?
    Absolute were playing a fair bit of Quo the day he passed away, we have lost a lot of great people this year, it all started with the death of David Bowie, not ashamed to say I had a cry over that.

my brother was obsessed with the quo for years and I fondly remember our very small record player shaking and sounding like it was in trouble as `down down` or `caroline` got blasted through its tiny speaker for the umpteenth time!

I was never madly into bowie but was stunned when he died because he always seemed more important somehow than any music he could ever put out, he really did seem intelligent and alive, not just churning out tunes to keep the record labels happy.

I`m old enough to remember elvis dying, that was the first famous person i ever heard about and got very upset seeing all the procession and realising that amazing bloke off the telly had gone.

What the hell ! Elvis is dead when did that happen ? My mum swears he's still alive he works in a chip shop near us , I do remember were I was when cliff Richard died though , happy days , punks not dead .

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    I was never madly into bowie but was stunned when he died because he always seemed more important somehow than any music he could ever put out, he really did seem intelligent and alive, not just churning out tunes to keep the record labels happy.
    I was a fan of Bowie and the creativity he showed but never really got into his stuff as much as some others. Then, I had a chance to see him live in the late 70's and that was the turning point. He had a presence about him on stage and you just couldn't take your eyes off of him. What a dynamic performer! He reminded me of Peter Gabriel with the theatrics and character creation.

I was a big fan of ELP and saw them several times as well. Greg Lake was a huge influence on me. I do a "mini set" of Greg Lake tunes in my performances.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 03-01-17 at 16:13.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    Absolute were playing a fair bit of Quo the day he passed away, we have lost a lot of great people this year, it all started with the death of David Bowie, not ashamed to say I had a cry over that.
    Bowie is the only loss that I was genuinely tearful about. As im aincient, he was a reall influence on me and actually he was someone who had a lot of aborted starts in the industry before he made his mark. From then on it was a quality level that he really maintained even if he dabbled in drum'n'bass or something that wasn't your bag. You could see that he really always wanted to try new things. the Sax stuff on 'Blackstar' is awesome for example

2017 has started!

RIP Gordon Kaye.

I shall say this only once, you shall be remembered in history for your classic roles just as the painting of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies is fondly remembered in the art world...
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 24-01-17 at 09:20.

Was only watching Hello Hello the other day. Great laugh.

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    On a positive again.........

Very Lynn is 99

Chuck Berry is 90

Sidney Poitier is 89

Angela Lansbury is 90 (Murder she Wrote)

Tippi Hedren is 87, despite having been mauled by 'Birds'!

Betty White 94 (Golden Girls)

Charles Aznavour is 92

Leslie Phillips 92 (The actor with the suave voice)

Roger Moore is 89

Honor Blackman is 91

June Whitfield 91 (Still acting and featured in the recent 'Absolutely Fabulous' film.
    Sidney Poitier was so handsome in "Guess who's coming to dinner" He must be getting on now.
    I read his autobiography years ago. So funny.
    Last edited by Magic; 26-01-17 at 15:32. Reason: missing words

Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information