Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Still Looking for new Friends in Staffordhire

Re: Still Looking for new Friends in Staffordhire

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicewithinme View Post
    Yes, I am thinking of going back to Changes. I really don't want to get back to where I was a few years ago. My biggest problem is I am very isolated, I only have two true friends, but one lives in Liverpool and the other in Nantwich so not exactly local. Others who I thought were friends have drifted away when I kept making excuses not to go out on runs etc (bikers) and made fun of me because I became obsessive on housework and so forth.
    I know there used to be a changes meeting in my area on a Thursday evening, but not sure if it's still held there or not. I will have to find out
    You can check out the meets on this page on their website:

http://www.changes.org.uk/html/menta..._meetings.html

Sadly I can't get to the meeting in Trentvale, as at the moment I can't travel that far on my own....sad I know but hey that's me. I looked at the list of other meetings but the one in my area is finishing at end of April and then moving to Stoke itself I apologise, I just realised that April is gone and it's now May so hence my edit. Sorry my head is all over the place since losing my Mum and her funeral only being last Thursday
    Last edited by thevoicewithinme; 11-05-17 at 08:33.

Sadly I can't get to the meeting in Trentvale, as at the moment I can't travel that far on my own....sad I know but hey that's me. I looked at the list of other meetings but the one in my area is finishing at end of April and then moving to Stoke itself I apologise, I just realised that April is gone and it's now May so hence my edit. Sorry my head is all over the place since losing my Mum and her funeral only being last Thursday
    It ok, I understand and there is nothing to apologise for Iam sorry to hear of your loss of your mum, it's never easy when you lose someone close to you! Hang on in there and we are all here for you to listen and to support you Cheers

Thank you

Yes, I noticed that and thought it was daft as it really just creates a new session for those who go to the Stoke meets.

You've got support on here so perhaps you can work towards getting to the meetings at a later date?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, I noticed that and thought it was daft as it really just creates a new session for those who go to the Stoke meets.

You've got support on here so perhaps you can work towards getting to the meetings at a later date?
    Not ideal really! I would be willing to meet thevoicewithinme at the Trent Vale meeting when they feel ready to go and be nice too see you Terry at a meeting sometime too!! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

Yes, I do hope to get to a meeting and hopefully not too far in the distant future

Kaz

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Not ideal really! I would be willing to meet thevoicewithinme at the Trent Vale meeting when they feel ready to go and be nice too see you Terry at a meeting sometime too!! Cheers
    That would be ace....might make me feel a little more at ease with walking into a room full of strangers

Kaz

Yes, I do hope to get to a meeting and hopefully not too far in the distant future

Kaz

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

That would be ace....might make me feel a little more at ease with walking into a room full of strangers

Kaz
    I would be happy to help, in the meantime as Iam not far from stoke we could have a coffee in stoke if you are ok with that!! Cheers

I live in Tamworth and drive/am fine with trains. It's classed as South Staffordshire but I regularly go to Stafford and I have driven to Telford a few times. I'm happy to be part of a meet up as I don't get to meet many people like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Voice View Post
    I live in Tamworth and drive/am fine with trains. It's classed as South Staffordshire but I regularly go to Stafford and I have driven to Telford a few times. I'm happy to be part of a meet up as I don't get to meet many people like me.
    Ok I actually just work outside of Stafford so ideal for me too, I don't get to meet many folk either I have sent a pm too. and any one else can come too Need to recover now Thanks
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 01-07-17 at 14:44.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information