Thread: Antibiotics

Antibiotics

Hi,

I went to the Drs today and she put me on a three day course of antibiotics. I'm going to start them tomorrow morning (have to take two a day) and will go to the shop for probiotic yoghurt before I take the first one.

Nausea and vomiting is listed as the top side effect and I'm really anxious about taking them. Does anyone have any tips for avoiding nausea when on antibiotics??

Thanks

Re: Antibiotics

Hi there! x.
    I had a camping trip in July and got possibly the worst tonsillitis just before hand, by the time I had to leave my tonsillitis was better but I still had to take the rest of my ten days, a the nausea for me was always just more of a bleh feeling but what I found really helpful was things like Sparkling water because it settles your stomach, and try not to eat anything too heavy when your feeling nauseous because it just puts extra pressure on your stomach to digest and then it cramps more, as a person with terrible digestive issues I can tell you the nausea from the antibiotics was pretty low standard, my birth control and acid reflux causes me more grief than that did lol, just sip on sparkling water to calm down the nausea and don't eat anything heavy and you should be good x

Thread Information