Thread: Throat problems for over a year

Throat problems for over a year

So I've been having problems with my throat for a year and a half.
    I started off with the sensation of something in my throat on one side. That feeling went away after maybe 6 months.

This year I had many bouts of tonsillitis so I had my tonsils removed 6 months ago.

I've had GERD for a while, I'm in my 20s, and I don't smoke or drink. I do take medication for my stomach acid and I do snore and have allergies/post-nasal drip.

On and off, I've had a feeling of something in my throat (on one side), and sometimes when I swallow, it feels as if somethign is there or maybe it's a sensation of pain?

I have been to my GP and dentist and every time they check up they haven't really commented on it.

I've always been a little concerned about this, after reading that a 20 year old was diagnosed with throat cancer....

Has anyone had anything similar?

Thanks

Re: Throat problems for over a year

Hi

I think if it was cancer you would have most symptoms after a year and half, you would be very sick

Hello there! x.
    I was diagnosed with silent reflux this time last year actually, everytime I eat I burp and food tries to come back up, I get the one sided throat feeling you have and it occasionally alternates but usually its just the right side, I find it only gets worse I after eat but its usually constantly there. it's probably thanks to the acid or something else but its definitely not cancer especially as the doctors aren't concerned and I have throat issues worse than you and I don't have it x

Thanks for the replies.

what worries me a lot is that I've had these problems for 1.5 years now. My throat sometimes hurts when swallowing and sometimes lymph nodes feels like they're enlarged (and sometimes there's random pain there?)

Right now I'm in a scare of HIV and cancer... :(

Thread Information