Thread: Ocular migraine

Question Ocular migraine

Does anyone suffer from ocular migraines.?This causes sight problems where you suddenly can't see properly and experience zig zags at the side of you vision. They last with me about 20 mins, then they suddenly disappear. There is no headache but I'm terrified of them and they bring on a panic attack. Apparently they are very common and not serious but I'm phobic about them.Anyone else had these ?

Re: Ocular migraine

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks. Haven't been on here for a while and finding it a bit difficult to find my way round the site!!!!

Yes, I get them too. The first time it happened to me I was 19 and had no idea what was happening. I was terrified and had a pretty intense panic attack. I later found out it was an aural migraine and nothing to worry about. So now when it happens I don't completely lose my shit. When I get it, this fuzzy little blob starts in the centre of my vision then it works it's way outward in a ring. Usually lasts about half an hour. Like you, I thankfully don't get any pain either, although it can make me feel a bit washed out afterwards.

Kate, I actually had this for the first time in a couple of years just last week, with the zig zags at the side of my vision. I used to get this alot before the menopause, but first time since. I didn't freak out about it because I knew it was ocular migraine as you said. So if you know what it is, why are you worried about them?

ISB x

Thanks for your response and reassurance. This is the terrible thing about anxiety in that we know it's not serious but yet we experience terrible fear. Your posts have helped. X

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Your description accurately describes my migraine so that's very reassuring thank you. I think mine may be due to crap sleeping of late. Intend to keep a diary this year just to see if there are any triggers. I know they're not serious but if you suffer with anxiety every symptom is exaggerated when stress levels are high. Appreciate the response though. Thanks. Xxxx

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

Thanks for your response and reassurance. This is the terrible thing about anxiety in that we know it's not serious but yet we experience terrible fear. Your posts have helped. X

I had one of those last year for the first time. It was really unnerving and only later did I realise that it had been a migraine.

Haven't had one since but now I know it is nothing to worry about.

Thread Information