Thread: Anxiety overwhelming me

Anxiety overwhelming me

Hi all, I suffer from health anxiety but that hasn't seemed too bad recently, I seem to have that under control to a certain extent but I'm finding my anxiety levels at an all time high with awful thoughts of dread running through my head all the time.. I'm feel broken. I have a lovely husband who is 14 yrs older than me and that is stressing me out constantly, the age difference. It's causing problems in our marriage. We have been married 15 yrs and never had a cross word, we have 2 gorgeous children who are 12 and 14. I worry about money,school,work,what people will think about me, how will I cope later on in life, even making the dinner stresses me out, going grocery shopping (what will I cook etc etc) I feel I can't function at all, my mind is going round and round in circles, I feel panic rising up and taking over me constantly. I wake up feeling like I can't possibly face the day and get out of bed, but if I stay in bed my mind runs away with me and I panic. I'm a total mess and I'm really desperate to just feel normal for a few minutes. Has anyone any advice I'm desperate to get better, I feel as if I can't take much more it this. It's just an horrid feeling to try and cope with day after day.
    Thanks

Re: Anxiety overwhelming me

Mags you sound just like me except that my husband is 10 years older and my youngest child now 27.
    My husband recently retired. He used to be away working during the week and now home all the time. We can't live on just his pension so all the pressure is now on me and I am really struggling. Sometimes I just want to scream that I need some space! I find it hard having him around 24/7 and that makes me sound harsh as really he is a great support to me but also the cause of some of my anxieties.
    Sorry I am not being much help to you apart from letting you know that you are not alone. I just want to hibernate at the moment but we have to keep going.
    I guess one of the things we need to stop is putting demands on ourselves and taking each day as it comes. I just seem to panic as soon as I open my eyes on a morning thinking about the day ahead! Sending you hugs.

Thank you for replying, yes opening your eyes and having your head filling with anxiety is the worst. Big hugs back

Me to am the same at the moment it seems to be Christmas that sets me off I've struggled with anxiety for 10 years now. My anxiety was really bad Christmas day even my husband was stressed because of it. I just try and keep myself busy cleaning etc. I also hate going food shopping I can't concentrate it feels really overwhelming so my husband does it. I do feel bad that he has to do it he is a real help. I really want to feel better just hope we can all one day be cured of this horrible illness.

I hate shopping do and my husband does most of the food shopping. Christmas is very stressful and everywhere so busy.

I know how you feel. I am struggling with an anxiety and depression episode for the past couple months. I feel like doing nothing, but just staying home fuels my terrible feelings. I wake up feeling overwhelmed at the thought of making it through the day.

If you are not already doing so, your gp could put you in touch with a mental health professional. I am using medication and seeing a psychiatrist.

Find some relaxation videos or soothing music, have a cup of chammomile tea, try to force yourself to be active.

take care.

Thread Information