Thread: Escitralopam

Escitralopam

Started on these 10mg for anxiety along with 2 x 2.5 mg pericyazine a day 2 days ago but today my anxiety was off the scale, went n seen a&e and he thought that both at once was 2 much.....I'm in unfamiliar territory with both these pills so I don't know, I've been a frequent user of diazepam and I've not had any in 2 days, been using them for anxiety on and off for a while....also was on citalopram for a couple of years with no anxiety like this ,I'm gonna speak to my gp in morning and see if I should try 5mg of escitalopram for a few days , any info greatly appreciated

Re: Escitralopam

I think when I started escitaloram I started on 5mg going up to 20 eventually. I get bad start up effects of SSRI's and this was seen as best way to do it. Think I sill had some issues, but not as bad as had in past, so it might be an idea to start on 5mg, but would ask your GP before doing so

My anxiety (especially depersonalisation) was higher when I first started Escitalopram. It got easier after I moved up to 15 mg. I'm on 20 mg now (maximum dosage) and the medication has significantly decreased the duration of my panic attacks. Saying that, it's not eliminated my panic attacks, so my therapist wants to start me on Venlafaxine.
    Give Escitalopram time, I say... you might discover it does wonders for you. Just be patient.

It can be horrible to begin with for a few weeks but it does ease off. I'd say stick with it and stay strong. Avoid anything that may trigger any panic for a while.

Thread Information