Thread: Constant Swallow

Unhappy Constant Swallow

Well im dealing with anxiety from last year all started from the clasic panic attack so is was a hard year i learn to cop with my panic atacks and all that stuff but i developed a new sintom in the month of (december when i became to feel a lot better) that scare me so much is the constant swallowing besides of that my mouth get full of saliva every damn time so i spit it or swallow i think the last becomes an habit i mean im 24/7 aware of my swallowing process that scares me i read all of the post related to this case so i become more obsess of this act reading that people deal with this for ages besides of the problem in general im scared of become mentally ill because of it or develop another mental issue well thats my problem forget my english is not my first lenguaje so please take it easy on me

Re: Constant Swallow

Constant swallowing can be a symptom of anxiety.
    The brain latches on to something and it as if you have to keep checking that you can do something simple like swallowing. You then become fearful of the situation and it ends up a habit that you obsess about. Next time you feel like swallowing, tell your brain no and distract yourself and do something different each time.
    Our brain works on auto pilot most of the time and sometimes we are not even aware of things until it becomes a habit.
    I had itchy legs, which were not itchy at all, but found I was scratching my legs.
    Then one day, I just let them itch and the feeling pass and it went away.
    Hope this helps you.

I constantly swallow too, leading to an over active use of my swallowing muscles making my throat tight and sore which then leads to a persistent cough, I am still trying to overcome this.....how, sorry I do not know

Well today with my psychologist i told about this and she say is all about anxiety disorder so im more chill about this stuff i hope all overcome this. the trick is not think a lot about this problem so gradually we can forget time by time about this

Quote Originally Posted by Realhop View Post
    Well today with my psychologist i told about this and she say is all about anxiety disorder so im more chill about this stuff i hope all overcome this. the trick is not think a lot about this problem so gradually we can forget time by time about this

I think it's related to anxiety as well, I've had this for some time but it went away for a while when I didn't think of swallowing as a problem, it came back yesterday and I felt like something was stuck in my throat and I had to keep trying to swallow it down. For now when I'm not anxious it isn't really there

I think this problem get related to our general anxiety so the moment we become anxius we remember it but it quicly goes ( i dont get to that point yet) this problem get worse when im alone because i started to get paranoid about this but at least i not longer got the constant swallow i think i control more this issue hope all doing well with this

Thread Information