Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What the hell is going on?

Kroko

Depends on the meds I think. I take blood pressure medication and it must be taken on empty stomach so I take it first thing in the morning knowing that I won't be eating for at least an hour.

Some meds are best taken at night as they have a sedative effect.

Nicola

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
    If you want to you could ask your doctor to run a cortisol blood test. Very occasionally it can have a physical origin.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 13 November 2004 : 21:59:31</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I've had some blood tests taken and been in a CAT scan and some other tests over the three and a half years I've had these problems. They also tested me for the celiac disease. What's a cortisol blood test, I mean what can they detect with it? Now I'm pretty worried again, I've gone to all those tests because I've been sure there's something wrong physically, but for about a year I've tried to think it's all in my head, which is what the doctors have tried to convince me.

I'm still not feeling better, which is weird because I've been on the drug for four weeks, give or take a couple of days.

Cortisol is one of the stress hormones that out bodies release naturally and is the one that is thought to precipitate derealization etc.

If you really think you are depersonalized continually it may be worth just checking your levels to ensure you're not pumping out too much continually .

However if this happened as a result of switching medication then its not the issue.

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

I see. Do you know what can cause that kind of cortisol imbalance? Has anyone developed a drug that regulates cortisol levels?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information