Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hate health anxiety!!!

Re: Hate health anxiety!!!

UPDATE:

Increased my Sertraline by 50mg but it's not helping tbh. My peace of mind depends on my son - if he's not ok then I'm not ok. If he was incredibly happy then I like to think I'd be doing a lot better.

Saw a psychiatrist a few months ago but all she was interested in was increasing my meds, due to see her again in a few weeks. Am seeing a private counsellor too which helps a lot, don't know what I'd do without her actually.

I have such an EXTREME sadness in me, I keep reminiscing about the past and even thinking about times when I was struggling and in conflict, I was still overall happier than now! How weird is that, at the time I thought I was suffering but life was good - my beautiful son was happy and now he isnt.

Hello Crystal,

I have just read all your posts and it was like I had written them all myself. I had a crappy year in 2016 and I ended up with awful health anxiety after I went to the doctor about my periods (they had stopped) She then looked all concerned and asked if my lower back hurt... (do you know where this is going... ) So she referred me to have an ultra sound done and ca-125 (this is a blood test to check for OC) Mine came back 41 (should 35 or lower). That was it my life was over,I have never experienced pain in my life (I'd rather give birth) I went through 4 months of every cancer you can think of. I went to London and had an MRI on my spine,a mamogramme and brought loads of tests online to check for bowel cancer. It was exhausting.... I have a toddler and a 12 year old too both hard work lol.

I don't know about you lot but has this affected your breathing? Mine is all over the place and when I lay down or put pressure around my chest or back it restricts my breathing even more (Doctors says this is classic anxiety) But I don't know?.

I have also been prescribed with 50mg of Sertraline (I am too scared to take).

Anyway... I have overcome most of my health anxiety and I think I did this by reading lots of books about anxiety/depression,I kept telling myself it's only anxiety,the main thing that helped even though at the time was terrifying was I had all the symptoms checked out. I had a long massive list. I am still a little worried about the blood test coming back higher but I've been checked by scans and I know from speaking to alot of prefessionals that this test does not mean I have anything and rely on it.

I really hope you all get through this,It's the worst experience of my life and I have only had for a little while.

Always talk to people about it too,I found this has really helped me I was so lucky to have good friends.

Good luck xxx

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgilby569 View Post
    Hello Crystal,

I have just read all your posts and it was like I had written them all myself. I had a crappy year in 2016 and I ended up with awful health anxiety after I went to the doctor about my periods (they had stopped) She then looked all concerned and asked if my lower back hurt... (do you know where this is going... ) So she referred me to have an ultra sound done and ca-125 (this is a blood test to check for OC) Mine came back 41 (should 35 or lower). That was it my life was over,I have never experienced pain in my life (I'd rather give birth) I went through 4 months of every cancer you can think of. I went to London and had an MRI on my spine,a mamogramme and brought loads of tests online to check for bowel cancer. It was exhausting.... I have a toddler and a 12 year old too both hard work lol.

I don't know about you lot but has this affected your breathing? Mine is all over the place and when I lay down or put pressure around my chest or back it restricts my breathing even more (Doctors says this is classic anxiety) But I don't know?.

I have also been prescribed with 50mg of Sertraline (I am too scared to take).

Anyway... I have overcome most of my health anxiety and I think I did this by reading lots of books about anxiety/depression,I kept telling myself it's only anxiety,the main thing that helped even though at the time was terrifying was I had all the symptoms checked out. I had a long massive list. I am still a little worried about the blood test coming back higher but I've been checked by scans and I know from speaking to alot of prefessionals that this test does not mean I have anything and rely on it.

I really hope you all get through this,It's the worst experience of my life and I have only had for a little while.

Always talk to people about it too,I found this has really helped me I was so lucky to have good friends.

Good luck xxx

Oh my goodness Mrsgilby, that sounds like such an ordeal for you! I can't even imagine...just having all those tests sounds terrifying, I really think you are SO brave to do that. You should be incredibly proud.
    Yes my breathing can be all over the place tbh, especially at night. In fact as I'm falling asleep I have a fear that Im stopping breathing and sometimes it then feels like its happening.

Really hope you're doing ok now, sorry for such a late reply. Thank you for sharing your experience and please do share more if you feel you can xx

***UPDATE***

Am not doing good AT ALL. I have physical anxiety symptoms most days, I worry all the time, I have severe health anxiety but now not only is it about me but it is FIXATED on my son's health. It's unbearable - when I get into a spin I can't eat, I can't drink, I can't relax/sleep, I can't hold a conversation, I can't go outside. I feel like something is going to happen and I can't stop it and can't protect him properly :(

I have no one to talk to anymore, feel so lonely with this.

Crap update I know, mostly writing this for my own records really as it must be so boring for others reading it!

Is there anyone who can talk to me?

Hi Crystal I know how you feel I am exactly the same especially tonight hence sitting up reading. My anxiety is sky high not helped by the fact I think I may have a chest infection

Quote Originally Posted by crystal17 View Post
    Is there anyone who can talk to me?

Hi Crystal, just curious if you’ve been able to muster up the courage to go to a doctor?? I have been getting worse with my fear of this to the point of not being able to schedule a teeth cleaning or eye exam because of the intense fear that they will “find something” that needs to be checked out further. I need both an eye exam and a dental exam and can’t make myself schedule either.

Have you overcome this? and if you did, how did you?

Or if anyone else reads this, please offer help if you can.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information