Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14 weeks on zoloft 50 mg

Re: 14 weeks on zoloft 50 mg

I think I'm going to stick it out at 75 mg for a few days then and see how it goes. I called my pdoc today, but no return call so... I've taken klonopin 6 out of 9 days now, though so it'll have to be really bad before I take more.

Dadgummit, I went to my post office and got my mail this evening. There was a letter telling me my pdoc was closing his office. I now really don't know what to do.

I can't really stay at 75 after all, I was using my 50s and the 25s he prescribed me when starting up. Man, what an incredible bummer. I need to realize I had many good days on 50.

Panic, I know you say I'm getting all I'll get out of it at 14 weeks, but what's wrong with the thinking of I'm just one of those that gets some benefit but not anxiety elimination? 50 mg, meditation, relaxing, .25 MG klonopin once or twice a month when I have big events????

I don't know, just kind of hurt and confused tonight. I guess that explains why he didn't call me back today...
    Last edited by Comoso2; 11-01-17 at 04:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Comoso2 View Post
    There was a letter telling me my pdoc was closing his office. I now really don't know what to do.

I can't really stay at 75 after all, I was using my 50s and the 25s he prescribed me when starting up.
    Can't your PCP/GP prescribe it for you? Is this the only psychiatrist in your area?

Panic, I know you say I'm getting all I'll get out of it at 14 weeks, but what's wrong with the thinking of I'm just one of those that gets some benefit but not anxiety elimination?
    You can stay on 50mg if you want, but i think you'd be selling yourself short. Unfortunately, the only way of knowing whether Zoloft might give you a better result is to take it up to its dose, or tolerance limit, maybe beyond.

Dadgummit, I went to my post office and got my mail this evening. There was a letter telling me my pdoc was closing his office. I now really don't know what to do.

I can't really stay at 75 after all, I was using my 50s and the 25s he prescribed me when starting up. Man, what an incredible bummer. I need to realize I had many good days on 50.

Panic, I know you say I'm getting all I'll get out of it at 14 weeks, but what's wrong with the thinking of I'm just one of those that gets some benefit but not anxiety elimination? 50 mg, meditation, relaxing, .25 MG klonopin once or twice a month when I have big events????

I don't know, just kind of hurt and confused tonight. I guess that explains why he didn't call me back today...
    I've found that many doctors up the dose far too quickly rather than wait to see what happens on the lower one.
    If you say you've had good days on 50 then stay there

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

My PCP has told me he doesn't like giving out psych meds. I think he honestly believes everyone can beat it med free. Yes, he was the only pdoc within 40 miles of here. I went back to 50 last night and feel better today, crazy stuff...

My PCP has told me he doesn't like giving out psych meds. I think he honestly believes everyone can beat it med free.
    Might be time to get a new PCP if there are nearby alternatives. This one doesn't seem worth feeding.

Ian

My PCP has told me he doesn't like giving out psych meds. I think he honestly believes everyone can beat it med free. Yes, he was the only pdoc within 40 miles of here. I went back to 50 last night and feel better today, crazy stuff...
    Unfortunately if they've never experienced it they can never fully understand.
    I was lucky in having a GP who had suffered both anxiety and depression.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Called new pdoc. They quickly told me they don't prescribe clonazepam. I told them I barely take it so no problem. 75 mg increase is crushing me. I woke up to a panic and cried for am hour or so. I guess I stick with it, this stuff sucks so bad.

Called new pdoc. They quickly told me they don't prescribe clonazepam.
    Unfortunately, this is often the case these days. It is based mostly on ideology, hysteria and hypocrisy/. The leading anti BZD crusaders now increasingly have antidepressants in their sights too. Fanaticism is not confined to religion.

75 mg increase is crushing me.
    When do you see the new psychiatrist?

I woke up to a panic and cried for am hour or so. I guess I stick with it, this stuff sucks so bad.
    It isn't necessarily all the dose increase. The anxious mind is very adept at kicking us when we're at our most vulnerable.

I hear you, I'm believing that it's just my mind. I'm going to tough the increase out but man its not easy. I was awfully tempted to take .25 clonazepam this morning when I was hyperventilating and crying, but I refrained and it eventually passed. I'm still dizzy and nervous from it though.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

I don't even have a date for setting new pdoc, they're supposed to cask me esky next week. I still have my final one with my guy that's closing on February 1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information