Thread: Spot on lip that won't heal

Spot on lip that won't heal

I keep getting this spot that is dry skin but then the skin peels off and then it's a red sore. Then it gets covered with skin and peels. It's starting to freak me out. Right now it's raised and I can feel it but it doesn't hurt and it's red. It's not bleeding either. It's been there a while. Probably a few months. It's weird cause its never really an open sore but it's a red raised spot. I'm really getting scared it's a cancer spot.

Re: Spot on lip that won't heal

Sounds like a type of cold sore to me and they can reoccur quite often. If you have used over the counter products and it's not going away then your doctor can prescribe something that will help.

Lisa

Thanks. Rational me says it's some sort of chapped lip or. Escema. But the irrational side has just taken control :/

I honestly know how you feel. I used to suffer from severe health anxiety and it's no fun at all. We blow every little thing out of proportion and it's very difficult to see things rationally.

Thing is though, the more you worry about it, the worse you are going to feel but a 2 minute conversation with a pharmacist could end all that on the spot. I promise you, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Lisa
    xx

Thank you for responding! Today it's healed again and feels like dry skin. I have my 12 week check up soon so I will ask my doc about it

Thread Information