Thread: PLEASE HELP Can't calm down

PLEASE HELP Can't calm down

Hello new to forum last week I went to my go like I usually do and I normally do and I normally get my heart listen to the doctor says same thing every time nothing to worry about but this time he suggested we do a ECG just to try and put a end to me asking for him to listen to my heart well from that point it put me on edge so on the Friday I went to see my nurse and told how I was feeling so she made me have the ECG my pulse was 110 due to anxiety but ECG completely normal but because my pulse at home is lower it freaked me out which led to me not eating or sleeping well this week so I had a big panic attack and ended up in A&E had another ECG which they said was a text book ECG I had the blood tests as well they were normal and the told me its non heart related pains does anyone else get? Does not eating and sleeping affect anxiety? And should I believe the 2 ecgs I've had in the last 4 days oh and my pulse normally is 72 which I worry about

Re: PLEASE HELP Can't calm down

Quote Originally Posted by Dravell72 View Post
    Hello new to forum last week I went to my go like I usually do and I normally do and I normally get my heart listen to the doctor says same thing every time nothing to worry about but this time he suggested we do a ECG just to try and put a end to me asking for him to listen to my heart well from that point it put me on edge so on the Friday I went to see my nurse and told how I was feeling so she made me have the ECG my pulse was 110 due to anxiety but ECG completely normal but because my pulse at home is lower it freaked me out which led to me not eating or sleeping well this week so I had a big panic attack and ended up in A&E had another ECG which they said was a text book ECG I had the blood tests as well they were normal and the told me its non heart related pains does anyone else get? Does not eating and sleeping affect anxiety? And should I believe the 2 ecgs I've had in the last 4 days oh and my pulse normally is 72 which I worry about
    Trust the ECGs, yes.
    I have health anxiety as well, that focuses on my heart. It's scary, but you've had the necessary tests so take comfort in the fact that the doctors know what they're doing.

Not eating and sleeping will spike anxiety, yes. It makes it sooo much worse. And anxiety creates so much in your body ... chest pains are just one of many anxiety symptoms.

I would say your heart is fine and what you're feeling is anxiety.

Of course your pulse goes up when you're anxious. I've clocked well over 110 at the doc when feeling very anxious. I won't give the actual figure in case someone says I should be dead.

I always thought ECGs were calming. The cool little pads on your skin, hehe.

He was doing it to reassure you that nothing is wrong, and ECGs are reliable.
    Your pulse is okay too if you're stressed and anxious, more blood is being pumped around your body to gear up for a flight or fight response. Your body doesn't know why you're anxious, it just knows it needs to be ready if you need to get out of there.

i have had this problem for the past two months. doctors dont tell you your ok if they even have the slightest doubt. and yes chest pains, lack of appetite and lack of sleep are all apart of the symptoms.

Why do you worry about a pulse of 72?

not sure if I would have a heart rate of 72 dead asleep....thats Nothing to worry about at all

Thread Information