Thread: Stomach problems

Stomach problems

This started before Christmas with constipation, it wasn't bad to the point where I didn't go but for a week It was very hard to go. I started getting worried it was cancer which I know so unlikely because I'm 17 but I couldn't shake the feeling it was something bad. I started to feel really bloated everyday, and this lasted till Christmas. I ended up taking a stool softener but once I stopped i was constipated again,but the last week it's slowly been getting back to normal, sometimes i go normally sometimes not. I do not have much fiber in my diet and don't drink much water so I know this could be why, but Iv eaten like this for years and never had a problem. Now Im dealing with other stress and my stomach seems to be getting worse, I still feel really bloated, I get cramps similar to diarrhoea cramps. I seem to also have kidney pain sometimes and other random pains in my stomach area. At the moment I keep getting a tight cramping near my belly button which I'm scared is a appendicitis. I don't know what to do anymore, I can't sleep and my stomach always hurts and I feel so anxious all the time.

Re: Stomach problems

I'm dealing with something similar right now. Been having pain in the upper left area of my abdomen and scared it has to do with my spleen. I do know that IBS and anxiety are very closely related.

Re: Stomach problems

My OH deals with IBS which sounds quite similar to what your experiencing, they also get pain that they fear is related to appendicitis which never turns out to be, IBS tends to get worse the more anxious you are so if you're going through a rough patch it will defo take an effect, i'd suggest some fiberogel it's a very light stool softener that just bulks up your fiber intake

Thread Information