Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm pretty sure I have pancreatitis!!!

I'm pretty sure I have pancreatitis!!!

I was haveing bad GERD issues so I got scoped again 4 weeks ago and it came back clear. Then I hadn't had wine (or alcohol) in a while and I went to my husbands company Christmas party and had TOO much wine and ended up puking the entire night. So I stayed away from wine after that. But after that episode I starting getting this pain in my lower left rib cage area off and on. I have had this pain before but this time it has really stuck. Early this morning when it was bad I thought maybe is my strong PPI (Dexilant 60) but now as I'm googling (yeah I know) I think it's my pancreas. I have had a clean scope so I know it's not my stomach, so it must be my pancreas. My poop ALWAYS floats too, isn't that a sign? Please help!

Re: I'm pretty sure I have pancreatitis!!!

My friend had pancreatitis. He thought he was having a heart attack. The pain was so intense he fainted and we had to call an EMT. He also had a high fever. You have your splenic flexure in that area and it sometimes causes discomfort when passing gas and fecal matter. If it's not the worst pain you have ever felt in your life I wouldn't worry about pancreatitis

Like the second poster said, you'd know something was horribly wrong--not just guessing because you're anxious.

When a family member of mine had pancreatitis, he was urinating frequently, had loose stool, couldn't stay upright, was in and out of consciousness, blood sugar was through the roof, he was bloated from the kidneys not working, etc.

Hi Antsy, I remember you from AZ!

Well if this isn't my pancreas then what could this be? I did look into my splenic flexure but could gas really be trapped for that long? Unfortunately this did start after getting sick that night, went away and then came back after I found out about my friends girlfriend getting stomach cancer. Now every time I think of that poor girl I get my pain or vice versa. I hope they didn't miss anything on my scope. I see my GI again on Tuesday.

I've replied to a couple other of your posts. You may be pretty sure but none of your fears have come to fruition. One day it may as eventually we do get older and things happen, but I don't believe that's today

What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by motherof3girlies View Post
    Hi Antsy, I remember you from AZ!

Well if this isn't my pancreas then what could this be? I did look into my splenic flexure but could gas really be trapped for that long? Unfortunately this did start after getting sick that night, went away and then came back after I found out about my friends girlfriend getting stomach cancer. Now every time I think of that poor girl I get my pain or vice versa. I hope they didn't miss anything on my scope. I see my GI again on Tuesday.
    It sounds like just what you said...you drank too much wine and it upset your stomach. Then your GERD flared up due to that. That's the pain in the lower left rib cage. GERD causes pain there and in the middle of the chest because that's where your esophagus connects to your stomach. When I had GERD, I would get pain there as well.

What are you doing for your anxiety? I think the last time we talked you were considering meds.

I'm pretty sure pancreatis cause extreme pain. Like kind you think your dying and ER type pain. My poop floats most the time too. How is your diet? Mine sucks I eat to much fatty foods

Okay so this is so weird, I got a message today from a doctors office wanting to schedule me for a procedure that my GI doctor reccomended. It's a endoscope ultrasound. So I panic and look to see why they would use this test and they use it for the pancreas!!! Omg so maybe my doctor thinks there IS something wrong with my pancrease because my scopes have always been clean and I still have symptoms?? But my sister in law had TERRIBLE GERD and her scopes were always clean. They told her she had NERDS (non-erosive reflux disease). I don't want to do more test. My husband and my mom are begging to stop with the testing. I have GERD yes, does it cause me weird pains, yes but has it done damage yet? No. This pain is not my pancreas, right? Please tell me I'm right. My blood work 6 months ago showed no issues with my pancreas, not sure if that means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by motherof3girlies View Post
    Okay so this is so weird, I got a message today from a doctors office wanting to schedule me for a procedure that my GI doctor reccomended. It's a endoscope ultrasound. So I panic and look to see why they would use this test and they use it for the pancreas!!! Omg so maybe my doctor thinks there IS something wrong with my pancrease because my scopes have always been clean and I still have symptoms?? But my sister in law had TERRIBLE GERD and her scopes were always clean. They told her she had NERDS (non-erosive reflux disease). I don't want to do more test. My husband and my mom are begging to stop with the testing. I have GERD yes, does it cause me weird pains, yes but has it done damage yet? No. This pain is not my pancreas, right? Please tell me I'm right. My blood work 6 months ago showed no issues with my pancreas, not sure if that means anything.
    I think you're right. If it were me, I would not get the test. My guess is the doc scheduled it because you keep running to her/him freaking out about your health. If I were you, I would put my efforts towards working on the anxiety. That obviously is affecting you.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I think you're right. If it were me, I would not get the test. My guess is the doc scheduled it because you keep running to her/him freaking out about your health. If I were you, I would put my efforts towards working on the anxiety. That obviously is affecting you.
    I agree. It's a HA pattern seen so often on the boards. One goes to the doctor with symptoms, gets the all clear, still complains of symptoms and doesn't believe the doctor. Lather, rinse, repeat until the doctor says "Ok, we'll send you for a test to put your mind to rest". Queue meltdown....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information