Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hoarse voice

hoarse voice

Ok so I have fears about brain tumour, als, ms, mnd etc and I've developed this hoarse voice. I've been feeling for the past week bad acid feelings in my throat in the evening along with being bloated and a feeling of a big lump in my throat and unable to swallow and now I've got this constant voice hoarseness. Really worried about it. Does this sound like something sinister? 😟

Re: hoarse voice

No. It's that time of year when we all have sore throats, phlegm and what not. Because you are focusing on your throat, you are hyper-vigilante about every sensation. Plus, you've only had it for a week so I really wouldn't worry.

Take the usual stuff for coughs and colds etc and try and distract yourself.

No. Sounds to me like you've got a throat infection. Probably due to being run down by all this constant worry.

Could be a simple cold or just GERD but i don't think its anything dangerous x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Thanks for the replies. It's not sore at all and have no other cold or throat symptoms just croaky voice

No-one ever died of a croaky voice.

Pretty sure you'll be fine.

If you had a neurological problem, your voice would be slurred not hoarse. If no one has commented recently, "are you drunk?" when you're dead sober you should be in the clear

I often feel drunk haha! Is that an anxiety symptom? I'm so hyper aware of the way I speak etc. I always mess up my words and often can't get words our or speak and when I do I swear it comes out slow and slurry and all over the place. I now fear speaking to people for this reason. X

If it was real, people would be making comments about a change in your voice or a decline in your pronunciation. Oftentimes, I think I am slurring my words or jumbling things up and it always happens when my anxiety is at it's highest. If it were a problem, my parents or fiancée would immediately know something is up because they speak to me daily.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

And yes feeling drunk can be stemming from anxiety because it causes all of your senses to be off kilter (at least for us health anxiety sufferers)

Yeah if you don't have any pain and some acid symptoms then it will likely just be acid, it always makes me croaky but it irritates the vocal cords x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information