Thread: Blips during good times

Blips during good times

I started CBT last Friday and all week I've felt different, almost like I had some control of over I was thinking/feeing/responding to anxiety. I have felt happy all week and continued to feel great up until yesterday. About 5pm I started feeling anxious I tried to brush it off and note it for what it was. Got into bed last night and bam all hell broke loose, I was panicking, shaking, heart racing, mind chatter, thoughts coming none stop one after another. I did some mindful meditation and must have dropped off about 1am.

Today I feel a little out of normal but I'm trying to bring myself back to everything I was doing last week that kept me grounded.
    Is this something that's going to keep arising throughout my recovery/journey? I just felt so deflated after such a good week.

Re: Blips during good times

Unfortunately I'd say blips are inevitable. I used to have what I'd say was mild depression years ago and even then I had days where I felt like hell. It always passed though and I think knowing that helps.

That's just my opinion though, based on my own experience and I also know somebody who had a phase of anxiety that passed but they still get the odd 'blip'.

Re: Blips during good times

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Unfortunately I'd say blips are inevitable. I used to have what I'd say was mild depression years ago and even then I had days where I felt like hell. It always passed though and I think knowing that helps.

That's just my opinion though, based on my own experience and I also know somebody who had a phase of anxiety that passed but they still get the odd 'blip'.
    Hopefully this passes quickly.
    I'm trying to use the noting/thinking techinquic but seem to be having a harder time recognising the thoughts and feelings 😢

Thread Information