Thread: 10mg Valium in urine

10mg Valium in urine

Took a 10mg of diazepam on Friday morning around 8am, I have to do a urine test Monday at around 11/12 .. if I test positive for Valium I'll obviously fail the test, I never ever take Valium this was a one off, done loads of research but can't find a definite answer, will this be a long enough time to leave my system so I test clear ?

Re: 10mg Valium in urine

It can take 7 times it's half life just to be eliminated from your blood plasma.

But there is the half life of the drug and the half life of the active metabolite. The latter is far longer. Which does the test pick up?

That's a high dose of Diazepam, 2-4 times what a GP would prescribe to many anxiety sufferers.

I don't know about the test but I do know the drug will still be in your body.

I suggest you look at the drug sites if you want to understand the impact on testing. Places like Drugscope tend to have articles on it.

I obviously don't know what the test's for but I'd have thought it ok if you're prescribed diazepam and take it as per GP's instructions. That's how the drug driving law works unless you are obviously impaired and unfit to drive.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can't see a GP doing it but maybe a psychiatrist if some form of trauma?

If recreational though...

If it's about an employer, I'm sure you can cover it via a doctor but not if it contravenes any safety laws so you may need to check on that.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 14-01-17 at 23:51.

Basically Pipkin is right. If you have a prescription, you can't be penalized for testing positive for it. If you don't, that's a whole different issue.

Thread Information