Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polyp found, full blown panic attack

Re: Polyp found, full blown panic attack

Yes, almost need to give my phone to someone else. What do you do to resist the urge?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful927 View Post
    So I saw my dr this morning and she is not sure. She thinks it also could be a thrombized hemmeroid. She said even if it was a polyp that they would be concerned about it would be new and it would just have to be removed. I felt better when I left but the more I sit here the more worried I get. I got into a gastri dr tomorrow at 1:15 so that is answer to prayer.
    Yep! And see, you've been worrying yourself over nothing. Like I said before, the next doc could turn around and tell you the opposite, that it was a hemorrhoid. Although she's not 100% sure, but the point is - she's not telling you it's frigin' cancer. That's what I was trying to convey to you. That it could be a lesser problem then what you thought.

I just keep looking things up on google and I know it shouldn't but it gets me so worried.
    Please stop doing that for your own sanity, Hopeful. Your just going to drive yourself into another all day anxiety\panic attack frenzy again and then when you find out from the next doctor, that it's not as serious as you thought, yet again, you'll be kicking yourself for getting all worked up over nothing. Seriously, I've done that to myself too many times and I'm telling you, it's not worth the mental anguish.

Resist Dr. Google for godsakes! He's bad for you! He's no good, I tellya'! Trust in your doctors.

Your words are like gold to me. No more google for today. You seem to be ahead of any anxiety that you may have faced in the past. What were your strategies?

Your words are like gold to me. No more google for today. You seem to be ahead of any anxiety that you may have faced in the past. What were your strategies?

Good for you! You just made your first step and that is one of my/our strategies right there. No googling health issues, always see a doctor(s) instead. Nothing beats an up close and personal examination by a real live doctor. Dr. Google is not there with you personally on the other side of your screen and so he don't know diddly squat about you. He's just guessing for the most part without actually examining you.

Now I wouldn't say I'm ahead of my anxiety and panic disorder, because I still believe I've got a long way to go, but I feel I am doing better - I will say that.

But my other strategies; beside taking anit-anxiety meds when one needs to during a major panic attack, is to see a CB therapist. It really, really, really helps to be able to talk to someone about your fears, worries and so on. It helps you to release all those negative vibes or get it all out and have someone to reflect back to you their logical thinking about your problems, so that you can see the way you are thinking is the cause of most of your problems. So if you're not in CBT therapy yet, I highly recommend that.

Another thing I do is stay away from caffeine or limit it as best I can. That's fuel for anxiety because it increases your heart rate, which can trigger anxiety or worse...a panic attack. With most non-anxiety people it doesn't bother them and they can handle it, but for us individuals with anxiety\panic disorders that's bad mojo for our brains. I rather be somewhat sleepy and relaxed all day, then running around looking like my avi, Fry from Futurama. Trust me, the cartoon avi pic sayz it all about me.

Another tip is, when you get an actual ailment or you think you have a ailment, but really can't tell if it is a ailment, don't assume the worse of worse, okay? Because most often it's simple common ailments and not the dire dread thing you might think it is. I don't know how many times I went to the doc thinking I was about to frigin' die, just to be told it was something simple and they were right. So keep that in mind. Because that's the doctor's job to tell you what is really going on. Self-diagnosing doesn't really help, even if you might be right. Because how do you know %100 for sure though? You don't, not until a doc runs tests and tells you otherwise.

And the most important strategy of all, is to read threads and hang out in the No More Panic website. This is the best place to be, because you're likely to find others with the same problems as you and come to the realization through logic, that your similar problem is not as bad as you think it is or what you think it may turn out to be, because of their same past experiences. This is a safe place to be with caring people who know what you're going through, because they've been there too; which you've already experienced yourself for a while now. Because you'll get consoled, related to, cheered up and sometimes a "Told you so" by Fishmanpa and others. Lol. This website is really the biggest help of all, it has been for me at least.

That's about it or all of what I can think of for now. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by PanickyGuy; 16-01-17 at 23:19.

If you are up to it, find some activities to engage your logical brain.

Adult coloring books, crossword puzzles, jigsaws, jenga type games are all good for this. Don't worry if you struggle to concentrate at first but the belief is that it helps your irrational threat brain go off line for a bit and give you some respite. Worth a go.x

Best wishes

I can't begin to tell you how much all of tournament words help. Thank you so much. I will relax tonight with hopes that tomorrow's dr appt will let me relax even more.
    If we all lived in the same city I'd invite you over for a coffee- decaf of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn313 View Post

Adult coloring books, crossword puzzles, jigsaws, jenga type games are all good for this. Don't worry if you struggle to concentrate at first but the belief is that it helps your irrational threat brain go off line for a bit and give you some respite. Worth a go.x

Best wishes
    Yes! Adult coloring books are the best!
    I find coloring just as good as meditation, if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn313 View Post

Adult coloring books..
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    Yes! Adult coloring books are the best!
    I find coloring just as good as meditation, if not better.
    I swear to god I'm going to get one of those coloring books! Man you guys are tempting me with that. Sounds like fun. Lol the artist in me is screaming for one now.

@Hopeful - glad I could help and same gesture in return, but yeah..only with decaf.

Thanks everyone! I see the gastric doctor who did my colonoscopy at 1:15 tomorrow. I'm praying for peace and relief after the appointment. I'll let you know how it goes!

So I saw the gastric dr. He examined me and said it is a thrombized hemmeroid. He is still going to do another colonoscopy to see if he can remove it. I felt great yesterday but now I feel my anxiety creeping up again. Another test. What if they find something. Rational thoughts would tell me that because I just had a colonoscopy a year ago that there should be nothing to worry about but anxiety takes over all rational thoughts. My colonoscopie is in 2 weeks. I just don't want the anxiety to take over, and then if they do remove it even if he sees it is a thrombized hemmeroid he still has to send it away. So sick of feeling like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information