Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Polyp found, full blown panic attack

Re: Polyp found, full blown panic attack

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful927 View Post
    So I saw the gastric dr. He examined me and said it is a thrombized hemmeroid.
    I'm offering you my previously predicted "Told ya so!" Hemmies aren't fun but they're not serious. I know your anxiety will spin an evil web of doubt but all that's left is finalization and resolution. You may worry, but I sure ain't! All will be well Glad to hear it!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

"So I saw the gastric dr. He examined me and said it is a thrombized hemmeroid. "

Yay! Never thought I'd be cheering for a hemmorhoid, but: YAY!

You know, even if it had been a polyp, it probably would've been okay.
    Nearly everyone I know who has a colonoscopy says, "Yeah, they removed 2 polyps. Whatever."
    And it turns out, those polyps were benign.
    Benign colon polyps are common- cancer isn't.
    Hemmorhoids are SUPER common- practically universal.
    You will be okay.
    Best wishes!

So I saw the gastric dr. He examined me and said it is a thrombized hemmeroid. He is still going to do another colonoscopy to see if he can remove it. I felt great yesterday but now I feel my anxiety creeping up again. Another test. What if they find something. Rational thoughts would tell me that because I just had a colonoscopy a year ago that there should be nothing to worry about but anxiety takes over all rational thoughts. My colonoscopie is in 2 weeks. I just don't want the anxiety to take over, and then if they do remove it even if he sees it is a thrombized hemmeroid he still has to send it away. So sick of feeling like this.
    There you go again, assuming the worse of the worse or predicting the worse of the worse to happen. That's your anxiety looking for something else to worry with you about, over nothing with the "What if's". Your focusing too much with the "What if's". Tell it to shut up.

Don't listen to it. You'll have to kick yourself, again, later on when you find out that you had nothing to worry about after the next appointment.

So I just have a general question. Do some of you have diarrhea or loose stools often? Not strung together but I feel like in the course of a month I could have 5 loose stools. Do I need to worry about this?

Not unless it's constant or every time you go, Hopeful. We all get it from time to time, whether it's from medication, bad food, IBS, GERD, gas, or even from anxiety\panic attacks.

I mean if your having diarrhea several days in a row, will then yeah...you might want to consult a doc about it. But 5 loose stools spread out over the course of a month, doesn't sound like something sinister. Sounds like what I get sometimes from my panic attacks, GERD and IBS, that go hand in hand with each other, which can cause that every once in a while; especially as a side effect from going to the bathroom a lot from the panic attacks. It seems the body wants to make you light as possible and quickly, so you can run when you get (all) the crap scared out of you. Pun intended.

So scared

I have a repeat colonoscopy (I had one a year ago that was all clear) because I have a small moveable lump in rectum. I've seen 3 doctors and they said it is probably a thrombized hemmeroid but I am so worried about them finding cancer. I can't eat, sleep. Just feels like a constant panic attack.

merged with your previous thread

Re: So scared

I have a repeat colonoscopy (I had one a year ago that was all clear) because I have a small moveable lump in rectum. I've seen 3 doctors and they said it is probably a thrombized hemmeroid but I am so worried about them finding cancer. I can't eat, sleep. Just feels like a constant panic attack.
    Colorectal cancer is a slow moving disease so if you were clear a year ago they aren't going to find a tumour now.

thrombized hemmeroid
    Great band. Second album was a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Great band. Second album was a classic.
    I prefer their earlier stuff before they sold out, man...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information