Thread: Crazy breathing thing

Crazy breathing thing

hi i'll start by saying this has been the worst 8 month's of my life i'm 23 years old and i feel like my life has been stolen how this nightmare started was 8 months ago i woke up with a horrible pain in my neck obviously not being a sadcase and quite a logical person i gave it a few weeks and thought perhaps it will go away with time but it didn't as the weeks rolled on i started noticing more symptoms like tinglingly in the face and feeling dizzy at certain points in the day obviously i started to worry alot at this point so i searched for medical help all of the doctors i seen said the same thing it just anxiety but because I wasn't anxious when it began i thought that was wrong and this was happening 24/7 i started to get very depressed as i couldn't get any relief i turned to god as my only option i would spend my night depressed and searching healing miracle videos on YouTube hoping i would be cured anyway at the 5th month after witnessing my little brother who is already autistic take a complete psychosis breakdown for apparently no reason feeling even more depressed about that 1 day whilst laying in bed i had the thought that this was gonna be my last day alive as i was in agonizing pain then suddenly an intense fear of death hit me i ran down the stairs sobbing uncharacteristically and pleading my family to take me to ER i remember my chest hurting my legs felt weak my skin was hot then cold anyway at ER they called that a panic attack that's when i decided to calm down and maybe accept it is just all anxiety i was doing good for about a month i was still hurting but not as much actually was starting to be happy again but then i developed stomach problems food was getting stuck in my throat and everything i ate i'd throw up i was diagnosed with Hplyori and GERD i had to take 8 pills a day for 14 days which was horrible i was very anxious and depressed during that state i had Googled why my nose tingles when i'm very anxious what came up was hyperventilation which because of Google scared the hell out of me its like dying? or drowning? heart attack ect anyway at this point the breathing thing started i couldn't stop thinking about my breathing trying to be logical i decided to pin it down to just being anxious about taking the pills as i was still on them i tried to wait it out but even after finishing the pills i was still thinking about my breathing it's been 5 weeks now and all logic has been thrown out the Window all i do is google breathing and asking myself questions like are we ment to notice our diaphragm moving and air going into our nostrils because of constantly watching my breathing i noticed i take deep breaths all the time and again with Google that's a bad thing I've read stories of people constantly thinking about their breathing for years and years all day long the images of that go round my head and it's a nightmare somehow i've linked the thought of if i think about my breathing in a negative way anxiety is going to cause pain to it like hyperventilating or choking since i suffered with that neck thing for so long that idea has been routed into my head i can't cope with this for months let alone years my life has been stole from me because of anxiety and panic attacks i'm sorry for how long this is has anyway had any success with the breathing thing

Re: Crazy breathing thing

We're programmed to breathe, its part of all of us. In fact, if you think about it, we're one big hot biological mess of automated / subconscious / partially-controlled processes.

Don't worry, you over-thinking about yourself breathing isn't going to do anything more than what anxiety over anything else might do to you.

I've actually been in your position before where you're hyper focused on your own breathing. It's just another ocd thing out of the thousands of things we could all fixate on . The way I look at it, imagine all the things you could achieve if you took that time obsessing over something mundane like breathing and focused it onto something like a hobby, creative endeavor, learning or refining a skill etc.

Thread Information