Thread: Adrenaline rushes

Adrenaline rushes

Hiya all,

So for the past couple of years on and off I've had bad anxiety and stress probably working in a call centre doesn't help.
    Anyway as I try to fall asleep late evening and suddenly feel a rush of adrenaline which will last for an hour or so.
    My mind will feel overwhelmed with thoughts and my body will shake/tremor and I get extremely hot. Then I find I pee every few minutes because I'm tense.

During the day if I'm stressed my hands will sweat alot. I am on propranolol tablets 40mg which helps the physical symptoms in some ways. I also take rescue remedy.

Just wondered if anyone else feels like this and what to do which helps? Thanks

Re: Adrenaline rushes

Nighttime is generally the worse because our bodies are unwinding and we can't fight the thoughts or feelings.
    i haven't had much success with sweaty hands that's just something i've accepted(and my partner too )
    when it comes to bedtime i get in about an hour before i want to sleep so i try and unwind.
    read a book, drink something warm/relaxing, meditate. try and think positively and lock the thoughts out x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Yeah night time is definitely worse throughout the day I can keep myself busy.
    I want to learn how to fully relax on the evenings so I can fall asleep easily and wake up feeling better

Yeah, can definately relate to these adrenaline rushes (had one about an hour ago). I will be sat there chilling out, and I suddenly get an odd sensation in my head, like a brief tiredness/ dizziness for a split second. At this stage my whole body starts shaking and I feel lightheaded/ edgy. Just have to try and focus on breathing and keeping myself occupied, to get it to stop!

Thread Information