Thread: advice needed pip

advice needed pip

hi i am a carer for my wife who is mentally ill , i am disabled my self with sponylosis , osteoarthritis of the facet joints, bronchiectasis , severe spinal stenosis stenosis,chondromalacia patellae, personality disorder , spine disc affected L5/S1.L3/4,L4/5 , I have just had my result of my pip assessment and all pip has awarded me is the standard rate of £55.10 a week allthough i was on high rate mobility with dla for over 20 years , i have appealed against the decision of no mobility compont they have said that i have 28 days to get more evidence , what is pip asking for as i have supplied hospital letters and drs letters to say i have a mobility problem , i had to conatct the blue badge people to tell them as i am honest they said to return my badge and reapply. i am going to appeal againt this and wrote a statement my friend said its to long can i advice on this please thanks

Dear or madam

i am writing to you concerning my appeal for pip standard rate, as you unable to pay mobility from 19 october 2016 due to dla is paying my mobility at the moment, i have been on dla high mobilty for the past 20years,
    because of my continuing pain i receive in my body reasons are that i have got severe spinal stenosis and facet joint
    osteoarthris affecting levels at L5/S1,L3/4,L4/5, pins and needles everywhere ,patella hypermobility and wearing knee braces to support my knees,persistent hyperalgesia and hypersensitivity which causes severe mobility issues i am under the care of the orthopaedic team
    and painmanagement solutions , i did attend pain management at the local hospital some years ago and it did not help i had
    acupuncture, physio, tens machine, hydro therapy, cortisone injections, in which did not help all though i take my pain relief it does not help
    i do get distressed about the amount of pain i am in i am continuing seeing my gp on a regaular basics due to the amount of pain and
    health problems i have, i have seen my gp yet again today 16/01/2017 and she is sending me off for a urgent xray on my left hip and left leg
    i am really concerned that i will end up in a wheel chair due to my health problems, there had been times when i cannot continue because of
    all the pain but i have to continue as i am a carer for my wife who is mentally ill,
    on a day to day basics i suffer with pain all the time i have a lot of pain when i am going to and in bed my wife has to make sure that i am
    comfortable as it is hard for me turn in bed without help from my wife before she goes to bed her self , i have lots of pain when i am having a bath as i cannot wash my self everywhere when i have a bath
    so my wife helps me in and out of bath and to wash my lower parts but she does wash my back as i cannot manage due to my pain and it can take on average 30 to 40 minutes to have a bath and to get dried , when i am in or out walking, sitting i get pins and needles
    though out my body , my dr has explained that i have got trapped nerves in my back which is causing the sensation of not beeing able to feel correctly,
    when i am getting dressed and undressed my wife has to try and help as i am in alot of pain in my back ,when i am walking with a hot drink get alot of pain in my back,
    even when i try and prepare a meal but using a kitchen knife and chopping i get a lot of pain in my back ,when i am going up and down stairs i get alot of pain in my back, when i am sitting down i get alot of pain in my back and cannot
    get comfortable and cannot sit down or stand for long periods of time,even when i use sit down on the toilet and trying to get up i am in alot of pain and trying to wipe my self its impossible without turning round and putting 1 foot on the toilet seat just to wipe my bottom , every day is a struggle to cope with the amount of pain i am in all my wife says is that she
    wish she could do more for me but she cannot , all she can do is her best and watch me suffer with all my pain ,about 10 years ago i had pneumonia and the gp service wondered why i keep getting infections so i had to have a ct scan which show i am suffering from bronchiectasis
    when i am struggling with my pain makes me short of breath when i try and do things i have use alot of effort and i get totaly fed up with all the pain i am getting , i am trying to have a bath , get dressed and undressed , walking , talking to someone , cooking , using stairs,
    beause of my pain i cannot walk for long as it causes me a lot of pain i can walk for 5 minutes but within that 5 minutes i am in a lot of pain with my health problems even if i walk 10feet i am in alot of pain
    i do rest for around 60 seconds before i try and walk again with the pain i am in i get very distressed and anxious but i still try and continue to do the task and end up worse off.
    allthough we have a automatic car i cannot travel far becuae of all the pain i am in when i get in or out of our car i am in pain as i have to twist my body to get in or out , i wish i could go different places for my wifes sake but i cannot .we have got adaptions in place eg: 5 rails , disabled toilet , bath chair lift ,
    perching tool , chair raiser , pillow lifter , high raised kitchen, we are on the councils waiting list under medical priority a - to be moved to a more suitable propety due to health issues, i have just had another appointment from pain management at michael hillman building , lewis victoria hospital lewis on 15th feb 2017 at 3pm with dr tom smith by hospital transport

regards

Re: advice needed pip

This Forum is really for mental health issues and you would be better advised elsewhere.

Thread Information