Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper melt down!!!

Re: Proper melt down!!!

I agree with the others in that I don't believe anything sinister is going on and is a side effect of the colds you've had. Hopefully, this will be enough of a catalyst to get you to stop smoking. It's totally mind boggling to me to have a terrible fear of lung cancer and smoke.

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Also, if your GP thought there was anything sinister going on, I'm sure he/she would have done something there and then. My mum was sent straight for an x-ray and got a call that evening during Emmerdale from another gp saying she needed a scan asap. They don't take chances with things they think could potentially be serious. x

We are the reverse of each other...when you had your bowel cancer scare I was 'recovering' from my lung cancer scare and now my bowels are playing up at the same time your lungs are!

Did you ever get CBT sorted?

From your other posts, I suspect you are now adamant this is lung cancer and it's the end. I felt that very same way and even doubted the X-ray results (still do a bit!)

My other half, her brother and her mum all have what the media is calling the 'queen's cough'. Wheezing, chest pain, shoulder aches and a bit of a temperature. It lasted 6 weeks for brother in law, three for wife and three for mother in law. It's horrible, I was even catasphrophising that it might be sepsis and was a bit scared to leave my wife unattended!!

If you try writing down alternative explanations you might steady yourself a little.

Or you won't and you are destined to play out these fears endlessly.

One thing I was interested in..when you lost that weight and had those strange stools and blood, did your symptoms stop after the clear endoscopy?

Thanks. GP didnt even listen to my lungs! Shoulder pain is steadily getting worse!! Radiating to arm now, i cant take this anymore

Have you taken painkillers for the aches?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn313 View Post
    We are the reverse of each other...when you had your bowel cancer scare I was 'recovering' from my lung cancer scare and now my bowels are playing up at the same time your lungs are!

Did you ever get CBT sorted?

From your other posts, I suspect you are now adamant this is lung cancer and it's the end. I felt that very same way and even doubted the X-ray results (still do a bit!)

My other half, her brother and her mum all have what the media is calling the 'queen's cough'. Wheezing, chest pain, shoulder aches and a bit of a temperature. It lasted 6 weeks for brother in law, three for wife and three for mother in law. It's horrible, I was even catasphrophising that it might be sepsis and was a bit scared to leave my wife unattended!!

If you try writing down alternative explanations you might steady yourself a little.

Or you won't and you are destined to play out these fears endlessly.

One thing I was interested in..when you lost that weight and had those strange stools and blood, did your symptoms stop after the clear endoscopy?
    They did after the colonoscopy but never been back to normal!

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

No painkillers. Started new blood thinners too scared to interrupt the new process

Maybe try heat if you don't won't to risk medication?

Hot water drink will also help open the airways and ease (but not stop) the wheezing.
    When my chest gets bad, a hot water bottle on my chest helps too.

Tiger balm an option for pain relief and Vicks for airway.

Nothing that you can tonight, in the morning reevaluate and go from there. Xx

Im so afraid its lung cancer, constantly coughing not just now but for a while during having 3 colds since November plus shoulder pain, dull ache thats a key symptom also! Im so panicking right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Im so panicking right now!
    I'm quite sure it's not. Are you still smoking along with panicking?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Im so afraid its lung cancer, constantly coughing not just now but for a while during having 3 colds since November plus shoulder pain, dull ache thats a key symptom also! Im so panicking right now!
    I got a question for you, Kay...

You wouldn't happen to have been diagnosed with GERD(acid reflux) would you? My doctor told me once that it will cause shoulder pains, especially if it's really bad. He also told me another time that acid reflux will make you wheeze and cough a lot.

BTW, I also heard IBS will cause the same symptoms, but I've never confirmed that myself with any medical professional.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information