Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper melt down!!!

Re: Proper melt down!!!

Im not really doing anything im so stressed. My nose is so blocked and my ears are ringing, head feels so thick!

I get reflux PanickyGuy that sometimes reaches right to my voicebox at night, its awful, but I had a scope through my nose last year and they said it was all normal!

Is this just a horrible cold, am I over reacting.... im lost!

You've got a cold and stressing about it is amplifying the symptoms.

Do you enjoy smoking?

Now i cant taste anything.

I like smoking yes. I stopped for years and then started again years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Im so afraid its lung cancer, constantly coughing not just now but for a while during having 3 colds since November plus shoulder pain, dull ache thats a key symptom also! Im so panicking right now!
    Kay I have read the whole thread so know your plight! The Dr should have listened to your chest basic practice I would have thought. I too am a heavy smoker it sadly killed my mum about 10 years ago. So you would think that it would stop me from smoking no sadly it hasn't. And personaly I don't think there is enough choices of treatments for me to stop and it makes me sick to think this is what I need to stop but that type of help is not available why??? Have you spoke to Cancer Uk about your fears of this illness? I can see this is affecting you so badly!! I hope you aren't Dr Googling as this can cause more anxiety for you If you are STOP now!!! Cheers

Im not speaking to Cancer UK will
    Make me worse!

Im not speaking to Cancer UK will
    Make me worse!
    So what are you going to do? I too think it's just a winter cold as simple as that

Im not really doing anything im so stressed. My nose is so blocked and my ears are ringing, head feels so thick!

I get reflux PanickyGuy that sometimes reaches right to my voicebox at night, its awful, but I had a scope through my nose last year and they said it was all normal!

Is this just a horrible cold, am I over reacting.... im lost!
    Yeah but, scope or no scope it doesn't pertain to the fact that acid reflux will cause you all kinds of little temporary ailments, even with your sinuses, if it's coming up to your voice box. And that's rough if you are not taking care of it with a PPI or at least a anti-acid reducer like Tums or something.

And on top of that guess what? Smoking makes it worse because of the nicotine having a effect on the lower stomach sphincter making it weak enough to not hold stomach acid. That was one of the reasons I quit smoking because it kept screwing with my acid reflux making it worse.

But if you're not taking something for that acid reflux, as bad as it sounds, you should be. Don't ignore that acid reflux because it will mess with you physically and psychologically.

Now i cant taste anything.

I like smoking yes. I stopped for years and then started again years ago
    Fair enough, if you enjoy it. My anxiety effectively stopped me from smoking despite really enjoying to do so!

Well im going to try and stop now after these few i have left.

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PanickyGuy View Post
    Yeah but, scope or no scope it doesn't pertain to the fact that acid reflux will cause you all kinds of little temporary ailments, even with your sinuses, if it's coming up to your voice box. And that's rough if you are not taking care of it with a PPI or at least a anti-acid reducer like Tums or something.

And on top of that guess what? Smoking makes it worse because of the nicotine having a effect on the lower stomach sphincter making it weak enough to not hold stomach acid. That was one of the reasons I quit smoking because it kept screwing with my acid reflux making it worse.

But if you're not taking something for that acid reflux, as bad as it sounds, you should be. Don't ignore that acid reflux because it will mess with you physically and psychologically.
    It happens with me when i eat late at night ive noticed. It literally wakes me up choking and coughing it out! I tried PPI's for 6 months and still got it so stopped it

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    So what are you going to do? I too think it's just a winter cold as simple as that
    Ill give it a week or so and see how it is

Worried if this shoulder pain is indeed a tumor pressing on my nerves!! I cant think of anything else right now! Constantly breathing in deep to feel if i can feel the dull ache that is always present now!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information