Thread: Lumps/bumps below collarbone

Lumps/bumps below collarbone

I noticed last week that I have 3 lumps/masses below my left collarbone. It's located if you start from the shoulder and go all along the collarbone right up until it ends at your throat and then go down a little bit.

There is one small circular mass and to the left of that another one that's a tiny bit bigger. Below feels like another mass but more stretched out. On the right side I can't feel anything like this so it's definitely only on one side.

They don't hurt and they're slightly moveable, they aren't rock hard, but they feel sort of like rubbery? My parents tell me to just monitor it and it's nothing to worry about but I can't help but getting anxious about it.

They are more flat than raised and not big at all, maybe about the size of a pea but a lot flatter.

Re: Lumps/bumps below collarbone

I have something very similar, although mines a swelling and quite a bit larger then a pea and goes from below my right collarbone near my throat to where my shoulder muscle pops out in my chest. If yours are pea sized and you have a few, they could be lymph nodes or even muscle knots, I think you can get them there. Have you been sick recently or anything? I would suggest a trip to your doctor, they can atleast have a feel and tell you for definate what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Lou View Post
    I have something very similar, although mines a swelling and quite a bit larger then a pea and goes from below my right collarbone near my throat to where my shoulder muscle pops out in my chest. If yours are pea sized and you have a few, they could be lymph nodes or even muscle knots, I think you can get them there. Have you been sick recently or anything? I would suggest a trip to your doctor, they can atleast have a feel and tell you for definate what it is.
    Yes I've recently recovered from a cold that I caught from a friend on new years. I just didn't want to go back to the doctor again as I've been before for other things and it becomes embarrassing.

In that case it could very well be your lymph nodes reacting to an infection, I would give it a few weeks see if they go down, try not to touch them. Maybe use an ice pack to help reduce the swelling ( that's what I'm doing at the moment, I have them everywhere) and if they don't go down then go and see your gp. I understand you saying about not wanting to keep going back. I'm having the same trouble at the moment, iv been so many times since October it's ridiculous, but mine was due to quite a bad health scare and now I'm suffering severe anxiety from it. I too don't want to keep mithering the doctors but that's what they are there for. Do whatever you need to to put your mind at rest, and like I said they are the only ones that can tell you for sure what they are so don't feel bad about going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Lou View Post
    In that case it could very well be your lymph nodes reacting to an infection, I would give it a few weeks see if they go down, try not to touch them. Maybe use an ice pack to help reduce the swelling ( that's what I'm doing at the moment, I have them everywhere) and if they don't go down then go and see your gp. I understand you saying about not wanting to keep going back. I'm having the same trouble at the moment, iv been so many times since October it's ridiculous, but mine was due to quite a bad health scare and now I'm suffering severe anxiety from it. I too don't want to keep mithering the doctors but that's what they are there for. Do whatever you need to to put your mind at rest, and like I said they are the only ones that can tell you for sure what they are so don't feel bad about going in.
    I've had a similar lump in my neck ever since I was like 9 years old as well. That never went down, and never has increased in size. I don't know if I'm just prone to these lumps. My dad has a few lipomas on his body. I will monitor them and see what happens after a few weeks.

Yeah just keep an eye on things see what happens, but of course if you get concerned, do see your gp.

Thread Information