Thread: Can having meals at a later time affect ibs? and other questions :(

Can having meals at a later time affect ibs? and other questions :(

Hey,

So i haven't been on in a while but things are still quite meh every now and then. My main problem is being too depressed to get up in the morning so i end up getting breakfast at 12:30 to 1:00 depending on the day lunch 4-5 and sometimes dinner not until at least 8-9. So yeah it's way out of whack and when i do this i barely get a good bm it's usually constipated sometimes normal but rarely.

However I wake up at 8 for friday for work 9-3 and sometimes get an urge at work about 11 ish maybe this is when I'm meant to go and I'm missing it by sleeping? idk i really need to sort my self out but it's a losing battle :(.

Still having panic attacks on the daily now worried about my latest one went this morning just a little bit and later on felt a little urge and had to strain a little to get it out it felt really tight so now I'm scared i could have a prolapsed rectum. Straining wise i sort of don't strain but i still worry i use a bathroom bin as it's better to go in general sort of squatting but every now and then i only strain a little for about 2 seconds to move it sometimes like the last bits could this eventually cause a hernia or prolapse or would you have to be straining hard for a long time?

Re: Can having meals at a later time affect ibs? and other questions :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    So i haven't been on in a while...
    What's your definition of "a while" Five days is not "a while" to me but eh....

When are you going to get help with your anxiety Lockey? It's affecting you to the point of effectively stopping you from living :(

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-01-17 at 20:29.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm waiting on a cbt appt to come through it might have gotten lost in the post so i may ring soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    Hey,

So i haven't been on in a while but things are still quite meh every now and then. My main problem is being too depressed to get up in the morning so i end up getting breakfast at 12:30 to 1:00 depending on the day lunch 4-5 and sometimes dinner not until at least 8-9. So yeah it's way out of whack and when i do this i barely get a good bm it's usually constipated sometimes normal but rarely.

However I wake up at 8 for friday for work 9-3 and sometimes get an urge at work about 11 ish maybe this is when I'm meant to go and I'm missing it by sleeping? idk i really need to sort my self out but it's a losing battle :(.

Still having panic attacks on the daily now worried about my latest one went this morning just a little bit and later on felt a little urge and had to strain a little to get it out it felt really tight so now I'm scared i could have a prolapsed rectum. Straining wise i sort of don't strain but i still worry i use a bathroom bin as it's better to go in general sort of squatting but every now and then i only strain a little for about 2 seconds to move it sometimes like the last bits could this eventually cause a hernia or prolapse or would you have to be straining hard for a long time?
    Change in sleep pattern can affect bms. My husband has IBS and any little changes can affect his bms. Change in diet can do it as well, not drinking enough water, or even caffeine. Exercise helps, even if it's just 30 min walk per day. Are you taking any new medication? Some medications can cause constipation as well.

Thread Information