So I've been really struggling with a lot of leg twitching and pain in both legs for a couple of months and it reminds me of muscle twitching I've had in the past from stress... It's been much worse though this time. Seen the docs, had blood tests, all clear but they want to dope me up on epilepsy meds. Do I really have Epilepsy? I don't feel like I have it or have the muscle/nervous system spasms that these meds tackle. Worried as the side effects of these pills are really bad.

I read up on the MS thread that included discussion about stress induced muscle twitching, pain, cramps and spasms... Luckily for me it's only been muscle twitching, fatigue and pain but it's hard to feel certain when I've never been able to speak to other people who have dealt with this kind of stuff before. I've been through a lot of stress in the last 6 months but that passed about 2 months ago. So my issues started around when all my stress ENDED. Weird.

Been having near constant twitching of my calf muscles in both legs along with sometimes sharp and brief pains... Then days with little twitching but really fatigued/tired leg muscles and days with really painful knees.

Feeling lost and a bit scared to be honest. The doctors don't seem to consider my history of stress and physical issues and are quick to put me on high dosage meds with really bad common side effects. I feel like they might be misdiagnosing me but I don't wan't to sound rude, telling them to reconsider especially with how quickly I get rushed out due to staff pressure for high turnaround on patients.

Any advice on how to deal with this would be really appreciated. Exercise makes it MUCH worse as does stretching the legs and I have no idea what to do :c

I'm really scared it could be something unusual like a brain tumour or permanent muscle/system damage. It's been getting a little better but it might be that I'm just getting used to the twitching and pain? It's destroying my life. I don't go out anymore, I don't see my friends... I just don't want to risk hurting my legs even more because whenever I walk or exercise a lot they are terrible for about a week after twitching/pain wise.