Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leg twitching, Pain and Muscle fatigue... Really scared :C

Leg twitching, Pain and Muscle fatigue... Really scared :C

So I've been really struggling with a lot of leg twitching and pain in both legs for a couple of months and it reminds me of muscle twitching I've had in the past from stress... It's been much worse though this time. Seen the docs, had blood tests, all clear but they want to dope me up on epilepsy meds. Do I really have Epilepsy? I don't feel like I have it or have the muscle/nervous system spasms that these meds tackle. Worried as the side effects of these pills are really bad.

I read up on the MS thread that included discussion about stress induced muscle twitching, pain, cramps and spasms... Luckily for me it's only been muscle twitching, fatigue and pain but it's hard to feel certain when I've never been able to speak to other people who have dealt with this kind of stuff before. I've been through a lot of stress in the last 6 months but that passed about 2 months ago. So my issues started around when all my stress ENDED. Weird.

Been having near constant twitching of my calf muscles in both legs along with sometimes sharp and brief pains... Then days with little twitching but really fatigued/tired leg muscles and days with really painful knees.

Feeling lost and a bit scared to be honest. The doctors don't seem to consider my history of stress and physical issues and are quick to put me on high dosage meds with really bad common side effects. I feel like they might be misdiagnosing me but I don't wan't to sound rude, telling them to reconsider especially with how quickly I get rushed out due to staff pressure for high turnaround on patients.

Any advice on how to deal with this would be really appreciated. Exercise makes it MUCH worse as does stretching the legs and I have no idea what to do :c

I'm really scared it could be something unusual like a brain tumour or permanent muscle/system damage. It's been getting a little better but it might be that I'm just getting used to the twitching and pain? It's destroying my life. I don't go out anymore, I don't see my friends... I just don't want to risk hurting my legs even more because whenever I walk or exercise a lot they are terrible for about a week after twitching/pain wise.

Re: Leg twitching, Pain and Muscle fatigue... Really scared :C

I'm having VERY similiar symptoms for months now too. Any update? I had a MRI of my low back. All looks to be good. I have it in both legs as well. All my bloods have come back good too. Some days are better than others. Waiting for a doc appointment with neuro. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I just ran 4 miles.

Check out h health anxiety forums. Tons of threads on this exact topic. You're fine. A lot of us have gone through it/are going through it due to anxiety issues.

I get exactly this. Twitches and pain in both legs. Mainly
    Calves ! Just had enough now. My twitches are constant and I get them in other spots too just not as bad xxx

Quote Originally Posted by riley1392 View Post
    I'm having VERY similiar symptoms for months now too. Any update? I had a MRI of my low back. All looks to be good. I have it in both legs as well. All my bloods have come back good too. Some days are better than others. Waiting for a doc appointment with neuro. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I just ran 4 miles.
    Have you also been dealing with a lot of stress recently? As in the last 6-8 months maybe?

Yeah I noticed some days are perfect then other days are terrible. When I was super nervous about going to the docs again it was actually the worst day I've ever had with it. I could barely walk for the rest of the day. On the days where I went to bed alright and wake up super fatigued I think it's from lots of twitching when I'm asleep maybe? Sleeping with my legs straight [even though relaxed] seems to make it worse on my muscles around my knees and my calves when I wake up the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    Check out h health anxiety forums. Tons of threads on this exact topic. You're fine. A lot of us have gone through it/are going through it due to anxiety issues.
    Got any links that stand out to you as similar? Really I'd love to talk more to people who are dealing with similar things. I really want to see the light at the end of the tunnel, to try and have some hope with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by RhiannaLouiseHerbert View Post
    I get exactly this. Twitches and pain in both legs. Mainly
    Calves ! Just had enough now. My twitches are constant and I get them in other spots too just not as bad xxx
    Yeah I've been getting a lot of twitching in other areas of my body too with this BUT no pain or fatigue in the other muscles. The pain is focused in the calves. Seems to be that in a cycle of 3-5 days I get lots of twitching, then twitching+pain, then lots of pain and then super fatigued muscles which makes the cycle even worse when it happens again.

Thanks for the replies guys, reading this, the MS post and my intro replies is helping give me some hope through all of this. It means so much to me, thank you!

Are your twitches proper strong sometimes? Like overall I get little twitches all in my calves but sometimes I get REALLY strong twitches in places! They're spreading everywhere and getting worse for me :/ and the pain is just horrible
    I can't even explain the pain xxx

Yeah so I'll have a constant rumbling of twitches in my legs, firing in different places then one or two really big ones, not enough to make my leg jerk and move at the joint but enough that it really surprises me.

The pain is horrible yeah... It's different to normal muscle pain that you get from exercising or overworking the muscles normally. It's a very uncomforting feeling BUT I've realised I can't let this control my life.

I'm starting to go out for walks again, going out for food and meeting friends because regardless of how long this lasts for I can't let it ruin my life. If a lot of leg twitching and pain is what I have to pay for reclaiming my life then so be it. The last 4 days have actually been really good, hardly any muscle twitching but quite a lot of pain and tension still. I think if I class the twitching, pain and tension as separate unlinked parts of the same anxiety induced physical symptoms then things are improving.

I also remember when I've had similar twitches [but no pain and little tension] in the past it could come and go for weeks or months. This has been just over 2 months now on and off. Some days fantastic some days terrible but there is definitely a trend of it improving slowly as an average.

I'm gonna look into going to a spa for a totally relaxing session once a month, might help keep my nervous system under control.

That pain is EXACTLT what I get ... like hard to explain...
    my boyfriend says don't worry my legs always ache after work..
    I'm like 'no it's not that sort of ache, it's not an ache or a shooting pain... it's like a weird horrible deep pain I can't describe'

Exactly that!

How's your twitches?

Twitches now are nearly non existent. Still getting some pain and some tension but the detailed "leg diary" I've been keeping has shown a decline in twitching, pain and tension. I can do things now that no longer cause the pain or tension to get worse although I still have bad days.... But even they are better than my good days a month or two ago.

It's generally improving. Some good and bad days but the trend is definitely improving. Realised its important to stay hydrated, dehydration makes it worse. No alcohol for me until this is fully resolved!

There's a strong correlation between stress/anxiety/twitching/stiffness/soreness.

I don't have the twitching so much (but I do experience it sometimes) but I have constantly sore back muscles (all over), very weak legs sometimes (mainly hamstrings for some reason) and general fatigue.

As you say, some days are better than others, but the pain is almost constant.

It's what I imagined an unhealthy 80 year old to feel like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information